About the role
- Position: Full time position
- Location: Preston
- Salary: $90,000-$100,000k (based on skill and experience)
You will be responsible for leading clinical supervision and clinical management of family violence teams across VACCA; representing VACCA at external relevant family violence forums, overseeing quality assurance of VACCA’s current and future family violence programs, and championing a centralised body of best practice for family violence programs across VACCA.
To be considered for this role you must demonstrate:
- Awareness and appreciation of Aboriginal societies and cultures and an understanding of the issues affecting Aboriginal people in contemporary Australia and the diversity of circumstances of Aboriginal people
- A tertiary qualification in social work, psychology, family therapy or a related discipline
- Demonstrated capacity to lead, develop and manage the clinical component of the family violence programs through ongoing provision of training, clinical supervision, coaching and support of staff.
- A proven ability to develop, manage and lead a team in quality practice
- Demonstrated experience in successfully delivery a range of appropriate therapeutic healing interventions to Aboriginal women, men, children and families
- Substantial and relevant experience working across Child and Family Welfare Services and the Aboriginal sector
About the organisation
The Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) is the largest organization of its kind in Australia. VACCA is an Aboriginal community-controlled organization that supports and advocates for the Aboriginal community. Our strength lies with our people. Our team is committed to the organisation's vision and values; advocates for our children and other vulnerable community members; and shows respect for, observance and compliance with Aboriginal cultural protocols, practice and ceremony. Our Aboriginality is what distinguishes us from mainstream services and what enables us to deliver the positive outcomes we achieve for our people
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Family Violence - Lead Practitioner via Pro Bono Australia.