About the role
- Best practice, in-house, ethical face-to-face fundraising
- Fantastic opportunities to learn and progress
- Help put the power back in the hands of the people
Our brilliant team has limited places for passionate and driven individuals to be at the forefront of growing the movement to protect nature and act on climate change.
- As part of a small and dynamic team, you will engage with people from all walks of life at a variety of carefully selected locations across Brisbane
- You will discuss the most urgent issues of our time and inspire people to join the movement by committing vital ongoing funding and support
- Opportunities for regional and interstate travel
- Fantastic training and development opportunities
- $26.38 per hour + generous fortnightly bonuses + super
A confident communicator, you are someone who is passionate about nature and enthusiastic about changing it for the better. You are resilient and you understand the challenges that we face and the need for urgent, collective action.
- Are you over 18 years of age?
- Are you an Australian or New Zealand permanent resident, or do you have a current work visa that is valid?
- Are you able to commit to at least 3 shifts of 6 hours a week, Monday to Friday?
If you are able to answer yes to all of the above questions, we invite you to apply as per the below process.
A full Position Description is attached below.
About the organisation
The Wilderness Society is an independent environmental advocacy organisation supported by around 30,000 members. The work we do leverages our strong base to build a mass movement for nature conservation in Australia. Since 1976, we've stood at the forefront of the country's most historic campaigns, including the Franklin River, Fraser Island, Tasmanian Forests and James Price Point in the Kimberley. Today, we're training a new generation of environmental leaders with a sophisticated community organising program, building support for effective and lasting change to our environmental laws.
Australia's natural environment and the life it supports is its great advantage, The Wilderness Society exists to protect it.
How to apply for this role
We recommend that you review the position description below for further information and to inform your application content.
Please address the below-targeted questions in a cover letter and send along with your CV email your application to Victoria at firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Fundraising & Engagement Officer - Brisbane application via ProBono.
- Question 1: A large part of this job involves engaging people in conversation, to inspire them to commit to ongoing financial contributions to The Wilderness Society. What motivates you to apply for this role?
- Question 2: Why would you be an effective Fundraising & Engagement Officer?
Feel free to get in contact with any queries.
Please quote in application: Fundraising & Engagement Officer – Brisbane via Pro Bono Australia.