About the role
• Senior Strategic Leadership Role
• International Aid and Development Agency
• Drive Change and Innovation in supporting marginalised communities
• Sydney-based with occasional travel within Australia and overseas
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Head of International Programs is a member of the executive Leadership Team and is responsible for delivering Caritas Australia’s Humanitarian Response initiatives and development Programs in 18 Countries including our First Australians programs. Key responsibilities include:
• Strategic Leadership of the International Programs Team
• Stakeholder Liaison and Advocacy
• Risk Management and Mitigation for all field operations
Your Experience and Capabilities
Your experience in effectively leading a diverse international humanitarian aid and development portfolio will be highly valued along with your:
• Strong leader of people with proven record of success in managing people, programs and budgets, well-developed team-building and influencing skills, unquestioned integrity, and the experience, confidence and determination to effectively address complex and sensitive issues.
• Excellent financial, analytical, planning and strategic change management skills
• Relevant Tertiary qualifications and experience working in an international aid and development agency
• Demonstrated commitment to applying the principles of Catholic Social Teachings
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience of working with faith-based agencies
About the organisation
Caritas Australia is the Australian Catholic agency for international humanitarian relief and development. Through effective relationships with the Church, partners and communities in Africa, Asia, the Pacific and Australia, our Mission is to end poverty, promote justice and uphold dignity. We envisage a world in which children, women and men most vulnerable to extreme poverty and injustice are agents of their own change and development.
How to apply for this role
How to apply for this role
For further information please contact Sandra Oliveira on (02) 8306 3458.
Applications must specify residency or work visa status and include:
- Cover Letter
- A separate document addressing the Selection Criteria which is set out in the Position Description
Caritas Australia recognises the personal dignity and rights of children towards whom it has a special responsibility and duty of care and respect. As this role is designated as having contact with children, it is the responsibility of the successful applicant to obtain a Working with Children Check prior to the commencement of work. We also undertake criminal history checks for all employees (for all countries in which the individual has lived for 12 months or longer over the past five years and for all countries of citizenship). Caritas Australia is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and welcomes and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants for all advertised positions.
Please quote in application: Head of International Programs via Pro Bono Australia.