About the role
Summary of program and its objectives: The Retirement and Ageing division at the Brotherhood of St Laurence provides residential services, independent living accommodation for people on low incomes and home based, day and respite services for older people and people with disabilities living in their homes. Brotherhood Community Care (BCC) includes:
- Home Care packages (HCP) supports people with complex physical and/or psychological needs, including frail, older, vulnerable people and people with a disability, to live in the community by providing advisory, case management and support services. These services are delivered across various sites in Melbourne.
- Brotherhood Home Care (BHC) provides services within a person’s home through the provision of personal care workers and cleaners who provide in-home assistance, support to access the community and home cleaning services.
Main responsibilities of the role: The Home Cleaner – Brotherhood Home Care provides cleaning services to clients in their homes in accordance with prescribed routines, policies and procedures. The incumbent will follow appropriate plans to ensure that the physical environment of the home is clean and hazard free. To meet the selection criteria, candidates will require: Essential
- Demonstrated knowledge of safe cleaning techniques
- An understanding of the issues faced by frail aged people and people with dementia
- Demonstrated ability to maintain privacy and confidentiality in line with the Privacy Act
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team to achieve outcomes
- Proven ability to prioritise work and meet changing, priorities and meet tight timeframes
- Current Victorian Drivers Licence and reliable roadworthy motor vehicle with valid registration and insurance
- Understanding of and empathy with the values and ideals of the Brotherhood of St Laurence.
- Previous experience in general domestic cleaning work
- First aid certificate
- Current CPR
This is a casual position and hours will be on an as required basis. Positions are available in the Northern suburbs and Southern suburbs. Salary will be $22.10 per hour for casuals plus 25% casual loading. Attractive salary packaging provisions are available to increase take home pay.
To view the Position Description, please click here.
For further information about the role phone Tumema Fuimaono on 87814213.
As part of the Brotherhood’s recruitment and selection process, applicants will be required to undergo pre-employment checks as required, applicants will be subject to, but not limited to, the following checks: National (and International if applicable) Police Check, Victorian Employee Working with Children Check, Right to Work in Australia, Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme Check and current professional registration.
The Brotherhood of St Laurence has a vision of an Australia free of Poverty. We embrace, and value, diversity of culture, working arrangements, sexual orientation and gender identity to ensure our workforce is representative of the community that we work within. We promote a workplace that actively seeks to include and welcome unique contributions of all people. We embrace and celebrate the value of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff, their skills and contribution to our organisation. Applicants should be aware that as required, we conduct police and working with children checks as we acknowledge the importance of Child Safety.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Home Cleaner via Pro Bono Australia.