About the role
- Positions within an organisation that offers a tradition of support and care
- Chance to join an organisation that is making a difference
- 2 x Full-time positions contracted to 30 June 2020
About the role
These positions will deliver the NDIS LAC PITC program, providing information and support to participants, families and carers to develop, record and implement their NDIS Plan and build community inclusion and capacity. Local Area Coordinators provide guidance and support, build capacity and provide information, and utilise activities funded by the NDIA to provide targeted options to participants.
- Certificate III in Disability or similar.
- A commitment to supporting and promoting the individual needs, skills, abilities and personal goals of people with disabilities. (Lived experience will be highly regarded.)
- The ability to develop a positive relationship with participants and to support the development of an Individual Personal Plan.
- Good communication skills including the ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders (including families of participants).
- Ability to maintain privacy and confidentiality.
- Excellent phone manner and accurate data entry skills.
- Current Queensland open driving licence and ability to undertake regular travel as required.
- References and suitability clearance/s required by legislation.
- Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check, Working with Persons with Disability Check and Working with Children Check.
What’s On Offer
As an employee of Carers Queensland, you will work with people who are passionate about making a difference; are target focused; who are open to new ways of thinking; who value genuine, longlasting relationships; and who are flexible, resilient, and believe in equity and opportunity for all.
You’ll be provided opportunities to learn and evolve as part of a growing and innovative organisation. You will be given the chance to do work that makes a genuine difference in your
- Opportunity to work for a peak industry body in Queensland
- Attractive Remuneration Package of CSW4.1 $71,839.14 plus super with excellent tax benefits available
- Flexible and supportive workplace environment where your contribution is valued.
About the organisation
Carers Queensland is the peak body representing carers throughout Queensland. They are proud to be Local Area Coordination Partners in the Community Program in partnership with the National Disability Insurance Agency and they seek to employ suitably qualified & experienced staff to assist people with disability, their families and carers to exercise choice and build a positive life in the Brisbane South Service Delivery Area.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Local Area Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.