About the role
We are passionate about the work we do.
We’re looking for a Marketing Lead (Head of Marketing) who wants to join our 2,000+ team of staff and volunteers to make a difference.
The Head of Marketing is responsible for increasing public awareness and engagement in the community with the Brotherhood through the organisations various engagement touchpoints including, volunteering, donations, program participation and partnerships. This includes setting the strategic marketing direction for the Brotherhood brand, as well guiding the Marketing Team on the development and execution of strategies in support of the various Divisions across the organisation.
What we’re looking for:
Passion for supporting the mission of the Brotherhood, and passion for delivering excellence in your role, are just the start.
To be considered for the role and be successful in it, we’re looking for a Marketing Lead who has the following key skills and experiences:
- Tertiary qualifications in Marketing.
- Significant experience in a Head of Marketing role, leading a Marketing team which includes digital, data and CRM specialisations
- Proven ability and experience in designing and implementing strategy anew across all areas of the Marketing mix that delivers to organisational and financial objectives
- Experience managing a range of program/product/service Marketing portfolios
- Proven experience in managing and growing brands
- Demonstrated success developing and implementing marketing campaigns across a range of clients or program areas, and across a range of marketing disciplines and channels
- Excellent knowledge of digital and technical knowledge of CRM and analytical systems, with understanding of CRM principles, and demonstrated success in implementing effective direct customer relationship campaigns through the customer lifecycle
- Strong commercial acumen and financial literacy
- Experience with “test & learn” concepts, with proven analytical skills and ability to use data analysis to drive campaign success
- Ability to manage project delivery through internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated leadership experience, with the ability to lead and inspire staff, and win the confidence of a broad range of different stakeholders
- Entrepreneurial, with a proven ability to develop and proactively act on opportunities as they arise
- Highly creative with a proven ability to clearly articulate concepts and ideas, and to bring them to life practically.
- Demonstrated ability to guide, edit and ensure clear, brief and compelling written & visual communications. Ability to synthesize complex concepts for a variety of audiences.
- Well-developed organisational skills with the ability to work on multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Experience managing budgets
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Ability to work autonomously and effectively as part of a team to achieve outcomes
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build influential relationships, advise and liaise across all levels both internally and externally, and with people from diverse backgrounds
- Sense of ownership and responsibility for decisions with the ability to identify and resolve problems and make appropriate recommendations
- Significant experience in leading change in a complex and changing environment.
- Strong presentation development and delivery skills, including developing PPT pitches
- Professional presentation and demeanour
- Sound knowledge of relevant legislation and policies including a commitment to continual improvement.
- Strong enterprise leadership mindset – collaborative, team-based approach to working and a high level of comfort working in a Not-for-profit environment.
- Strong service mentality
- Advanced MS Office skills
- Understanding of and empathy with the values and ideals of the Brotherhood.
- Marketing Masters level education or equivalent
- Experience in fundraising for a NFP
This is a full-time position working 38 hours per week.
Attractive salary packaging provisions are available to increase take home pay.
As part of the Brotherhood’s recruitment and selection process, applicants will be required to undergo pre-employment checks as required, applicants will be subject to, but not limited to, the following checks: National (and International if applicable) Police Check, Victorian Employee Working with Children Check, Right to Work in Australia, Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme Check and current professional registration.
The Brotherhood of St Laurence has a vision of an Australia free of Poverty. We embrace, and value, diversity of culture, working arrangements, sexual orientation and gender identity to ensure our workforce is representative of the community that we work within. We promote a workplace that actively seeks to include and welcome unique contributions of all people. We embrace and celebrate the value of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff, their skills and contribution to our organisation.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Marketing Lead via Pro Bono Australia.