About the role
YWCA Australia is currently seeking a dedicated full-time National Housing Team Leader based in their South Melbourne Office, to support national housing operations.
Reporting to the National Housing Operations Manager, the National Housing Team Leader role ensures that YWCA delivers quality housing services to tenants, clients and the broader community. This role provides team management and leadership to ensure that a quality service provision is provided in accordance with YWCA’s values, policies and procedures, organisational performance targets and all relevant government policy and legislation pertaining to each State and Territory.
The main responsibilities of the role include:
- Management of the National Housing Team including providing coaching, support and supervision to direct reports and volunteers.
- Promoting a culture of continuous quality improvement in the delivery support and service provision to tenants and other stakeholders.
- Ensuring tenant management standards are maintained to a high level.
- Implementation of the Asset Management strategy.
- Develop partnerships that will support YWCA residents/tenants in sustaining their tenancies, connecting them to the local and wider community.
- Complaints management.
- Monitor national rent collection and rent arrears management systems.
- Providing the team with training.
- Supporting the team to follow Workplace Health and Safety guidelines and implement strategies to monitor and support team wellbeing.
- Monitor the maintenance budgets.
- Project work as required.
This position will require the applicant to satisfactorily complete a national criminal history record check and hold the relevant state-based working with vulnerable persons permit prior to employment.
- Demonstrated experience managing individuals and teams, including managing remote teams/individuals.
- Experience in the community housing sector or property related industry, ensuring familiarity with tenancy management practices and procedures, RTA legislation across each State, tribunals, maintenance, budget management and establishing operational processes.
- Ability to lead, motivate and train team members, to establish priorities and manage competing deadlines for self and others.
- An awareness, understanding and sensitivity to homelessness issues and the ability and experience to communicate with a diversity of people from various cultures.
- Ability to maintain and manage tenancy data on various databases – CHINTARO and Excel
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills.
- Strong mediation and conflict resolution skills with the ability to influence and negotiate.
- High level organisational and administrative skills.
- A valid state-based working with children or working with vulnerable people check.
- A valid Victorian Driver’s License.
About the organisation
YWCA Australia is a feminist not-for-profit organisation focused on improving gender equality for women, young women and girls. Together we challenge the systems, structures and policies that act as barriers to women, especially young women, achieving their full potential.
Our evidence-based programs and services aim to be inclusive of all women and offer support with housing, homelessness, safety and wellbeing. We aim to positively impact the lives of more than two million women, young women and girls by the end of 2023.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: National Housing Team Leader via Pro Bono Australia.