About the role
- 12 month fixed term contract with flexible working location
- Use your sound reporting and interpersonal skills to support Mission Australia’s NDIS Local Area Coordination and Early Childhood Early Intervention services
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
As our NDIS Performance Specialist, you will be responsible for maintaining Mission Australia’s delivery of high performing NDIS services which support children with developmental delay and people with disability to improve their access, inclusion and employment opportunities in their community.
You will administer contracts, oversee consistent and efficient reporting and maintain strong relationships with Australian Government funder agencies.
Reporting to the National NDIS Manager, your responsibilities will be to:
- Analyse performance data to derive insights on trends, emerging risks and opportunities
- Provide recommendations based on reporting results to improve performance and ensure contract requirements are met
- Identify, analyse and mitigate risks and issues associated with program performance
- Ensure compliance with national NDIS contracts, polices and guidelines
- Provide performance related input to audits, accreditation, reports to support our NDIS Regional Leaders and Service Area managers
- Ensure reporting submitted internally are consistent, accurate, timely and meet the expected standards
Requirements for Success
- Tertiary qualifications in human services, management or related field
- Proven ability to analyse complex business performance data and develop solutions and proactive strategies for improving performance
- Sound experience in account management, business development, government relations or contract management
- Experience in a management or advisory capacity with NDIS services; experience with working for a Partner in the Community organisation, delivering NDIS services and ideally experience working for the NDIA
- Proven ability to influence and motivate others to make good behavioral changes to achieve quality results
- Sound judgement and proven ability to exercise autonomy as appropriate, with limited direction from senior leaders
- Proven ability to communicate complex information, in a simple yet compelling way, both in writing and verbally to multiple audiences
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via Advantage)
- Discounted childcare rates with participating centres
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application or have any questions, we invite you to get in touch with Jo Brown via email email@example.com or phone 0417061834.
About the organisation
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more.
We're generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
How to apply for this role
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘apply’ and send your cover letter and resume today.
For further information regarding working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
As part of our Employment screening process you will be required to undertake a National Criminal History Check. In addition, there is a requirement to possess a current Working with Children check or apply if you do not already hold one. It is unlawful for prohibited persons to apply for work with children, and, as such, prohibited persons cannot apply for this role.
Applications close midnight, Sunday 1 September 2019.
Please quote in application: NDIS Performance Specialist via Pro Bono Australia.