About the role
About the Role
The Active Living Services team at Jewish Care Victoria require the expertise of an Occupational Therapy – Allied Health Practitioner, you will be involved in supporting independence of our service users. As part of the Allied Health Service you will provide support to individuals and groups using evidence based approach. The program aims to provide assistance and support, referral to relevant community based resources and effectively link people to ongoing services to overcome a wide range of health concerns.
The position is expected to deliver services across different community sites and in people’s homes, with a focus on independence and living actively.
You will join our growing service and support the development of new services when our new facilities at 619 St Kilda Road, and Freeman Street in Caulfield are commissioned in early 2020.
Skills and Experience
- At least two years’ experience in a similar role.
- Relevant Professional Tertiary Qualification.
- Experience in the development, facilitation and evaluation of group programs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of a wellness reablement approach to service delivery
- Demonstrated experience and well developed clinical skills whilst working within community aged care.
- Maintain and update departmental client files with accurate and high quality documentation.
- A satisfactory police check to be maintained at all times
- An understanding of the need for privacy and confidentiality
- An ability to work efficiently, independently and without direct supervision
- Sound knowledge of MS Office and database management
We look forward to hearing from you.
About the organisation
About the Company
Jewish Care Victoria, a not-for-profit organisation, is the largest provider of aged and community services for the Jewish Community in Victoria. Services include Aged Residential Care, Assessment Referral and Individual Support Services, Community Aged Care, Disability, Mental Health, Youth and Family Services and Holocaust Survivors Programs.
We take pride in delivering the highest level of service and being an equal opportunity employer. Jewish Care is proudly celebrating 170 years of service.
Benefits and Culture
We are committed to the professional development of all staff, and provide ongoing opportunities to upgrade staff skill set and expertise. We aim to provide the highest standard of professional and personal support offering flexibility and conditions not readily available elsewhere, including the option of maximising your income with salary packaging.
Jewish Care employs staff from all cultural and religious backgrounds and provides cultural and spiritual training in the Jewish Ethos. Our recruitment procedures reflect our commitment to the safety and protection of our clients, relevant screening and police checks will be conducted.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Occupational Therapist - Full Time, St Kilda via Pro Bono Australia.