About the role
City Mission is seeking a compassionate, qualified and creative individual with great leadership experience and a background in education to manage our rapidly expanding Youth and Children’s Services. Our current services provide support to young people at risk from pre-primary up to the age of 25. Our services work with schools and other stakeholders to support young people to overcome grief, loss and trauma and offer them hope for the future. This role will also encompass a major new project in alternative education.
- Minimum – Degree in Education or associated qualification.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Education
- Demonstrated innovative strategic thinking and planning.
- Strong relationship building, communication and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated experience supervising diverse teams
- Skills in management reporting and budgeting.
- Excellent Communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Highly Proficient with MS Office.
- Current Working with Vulnerable People Card.
- Current valid Driver’s Licence.
- National Police Check is required for all roles at LCM.
- Experience or demonstrated capacity to work in an organisation adopting a Christian ethos.
- Experience in developing business case and service models
- Experience in trauma-informed practice.
- Success in delivering support to children and young people with complex needs.
- Experience working in the Community Services Sector
- Ability to maintain positive professional relationships with clients and stakeholders.
The Operations Manager Youth and Children’s Services will be responsible for the development and management of Youth Services and Children’s’ Services for the organisation across both North and North-West of Tasmania.
The individual in the role is expected to maintain current relationships with key stakeholders, whilst also building on and creating new ones. City Mission is aligning with the Berry Street Education Model and the Operations Manager will be provided with training based on the proven positive education, trauma-informed and wellbeing practices adopted in this model.
Primarily, the Manager Youth and Children’s Services is responsible for ‘The Mish’ youth programs, the ‘Inside Out 4 Kids’ trauma, grief and loss program, and the establishment of alternative education and development programs for children and youth.
This is a full-time position and salary will be based on the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Award 2010 [MA000027]. Salary Sacrifice for community service is available.
If you have a passion to work for an accredited organisation that is a recognised Employer of Choice as part of a dynamic, friendly team in a caring compassionate environment, knowing that the activities of our organisation are directed towards services provided to those at risk in our community, we encourage you to apply.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Operations Manager Youth and Children’s Services - Full time via Pro Bono Australia.