About the role
The Australian Youth Climate Coalition (AYCC) is looking for an ambitious young leader with high level experience in fundraising, communications and relationship management to lead a core part of our fundraising strategy in Melbourne. This fast-paced role will oversee and develop the growth of AYCC’s partnership fundraising stream. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander young people are strongly encouraged to apply.
Who You Are:
- You’re a young person committed to solving the climate crisis.
- You’ve got an eye for detail and can get things done in a fast paced team
- You’re a problem solver – if you don’t know how to do something, you’ll seek out the best solution and get it done, and you’re always willing to learn new things
- You’re excited and passionate about raising money to power the youth climate movement, and have buckets of ideas for how we could do it
About The Role:
This is a critical role that will have a huge influence in the sustainability of AYCC through ensuring our partnership funding stream is a huge success. The successful applicant will drive the continued success and growth of this stream, whilst also contributing to broader fundraising moments.
- We are looking for someone with demonstrated leadership qualities and at least 1-2 years experience in fundraising and marketing to step into and lead this role
- You may be required to travel from time to time in order to perform this role
- A police check is required for this position
What You’ll Do:
- Oversee the development and implementation of a strategic partnerships fundraising stream
- Cultivate new partnerships you’ve identified and continue to grow and support existing partnership relationships
- Raise the profile of the AYCC and increase our brand recognition
- Actively build the networks of the AYCC, hosting and attending key events throughout the year
- Support the fundraising team in strategic planning, joint fundraising moments such as our annual peer-to-peer crowdfunding campaign – Step Up for Climate Justice
- Experience in fundraising and high level relationship management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to clearly share ideas and influence people through your writing and speaking
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast paced environment
- Able to maintain big-picture strategic thinking whilst keeping an eye on the detail
- Ability to work effectively with a high degree of autonomy and accountability; self motivated and can demonstrate initiative
- Energetic with a can-do attitude
Desired Areas Of Experience:
- Fundraising strategy
- Relationship development and management
- Pitch writing and delivery
About the organisation
About The Aycc And Seed:
The AYCC is a non-profit, non-partisan organisation building a movement of young people to protect our future from climate change. We are Australia’s largest youth-led organisation and one of the most effective organisations dedicated to tackling climate change, with 2000 volunteers nationally and more than 200,000 supporters.
We have four major areas within AYCC:
- Campaigns to solve the climate crisis - we run campaigns to make sure Australia moves from fossil fuels to renewable energy as quickly as possible. Our campaigns include:
- Stopping Adani’s dangerous Carmichael coal mine in Queensland from destroying our Reef and climate
- Campaigning for 100% renewable energy
- Seed Indigenous Youth Climate Network - led by Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander youth, this growing network is giving Indigenous young people the skills to Protect Country. Check out more at seedmob.org.au
- Switched on Schools - each year we educate, inspire and empower tens of thousands of high school students to create change. We do this through presentations, two day summits and then mentor students to lead their own campaigns to repower their school.
- Climate Leaders Training program - we give young people the information, skills, inspiration and support they need to lead climate campaigns in their community.
Ambition, Justice, Resilience, Trust, Empowerment, Diversity
How to apply for this role
How To Apply:
Candidates should submit via email:
- A cover letter of no more than 2 pages addressing experience and competencies above and a CV of no more than 2 pages
The AYCC is a youth-led organisation with all staff and volunteers under 30 - as such, we seek applications only from those under 30.
Even if you only meet some of these requirements, but you think you’re the best person for the job and are ready to learn, we’re keen to hear from you. The role will be developed to meet the skills and experience of the right candidate.
Applications should be addressed to Liv Metter, Fundraising Director at firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line Partnerships Manager application.
Applications close at midnight, Sunday 25th August.
For any questions regarding this position, contact: Liv Metter at: email@example.com or 0432 964 936
Please quote in application: Partnerships Manager via Pro Bono Australia.