About the role
About the opportunity
Located in Sydney, NSW, DVSM has a new leadership opportunity for an ethical, accomplished and passionate People and Practice Manager to lead and manage the Sydney City and Remote Rural Contracts and Services. This includes management of the Services Leads of a mobile case working service through inner Sydney, and a Safe House service in Wilcannia in remote rural NSW. These services are well established person-centered models, and DVSM is continually pushing the boundaries of development around practice in ways that centre on people’s dignity, choice, agency and well being.
The new People and Practice Manager role has been initiated to enhance the support and development of these service teams to continue in and extend the good work already established and to preserve and extend on the strong community and stakeholder relationships built over many years through these services. A commitment to applying DVSM values and principles throughout the end to end design and delivery of services is essential. Your responsibilities will be varied and will require you draw upon your experience to lead and develop staff as they support a diverse population of individuals and families seeking support.
We are looking for someone with sound contract and operational management experience along with strong practice knowledge and skills developed through service delivery experience in the human services sector. The role will draw on strong interpersonal skills in building on and supporting fluid team work, streamlining workflow to support front line practice, sustaining positive culture, and an unwavering commitment to continuous improvement, driving progress in practice priorities that respond to community needs.
The People and Practice Manager oversees and supports services to fulfill the organisations strategy and works to sustain a culture, systems and practices that enable continuous quality improvement. The People and Practice Manager role models, coaches, mentors, supports and directs service delivery development and the execution of commitments and contracts.
The Practice and People Manager works within the leadership team in an integrated leadership approach with the peers and reports to the CEO.
- Contribute to Leadership Team – Governance and Decision Making
- Management of compliance in Service Delivery Contracts including auditing, performance monitoring and quality improvement
- Management of Service Delivery Operations, People and Practice
- Stakeholder Engagement with funders and contract authorities and with system level leads in each service catchment
- Line Management and Capacity Building for Services Leads
- Recruitment, Professional Development and Staff Well-being Lead
- Management of new services and service expansion
- Tertiary Qualification in Community Services and/ or Business or similar
- Organisational Psychology (Desirable)
- Minimum of 10 years work experience within Community Services Sector or similar
- Strong people management skills
- Excellent ability to use initiative, prioritise work and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated experience in consulting with senior managers and staff at all levels of an organisation
- Excellent networking skills (internal and/or external) to engage audiences in knowledge transfer and influencing change
- Contract management experience including the identification and resolution of issues in a contract management environment
- Proven ability to present and communicate complex ideas clearly, effectively and engagingly to a range of audiences
- Proven experience in initiating and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders.
- Innovative, flexible and adaptable with an ability to thrive under pressure and enjoy new challenges
This role is 4 days a week (32hrs per week) with flexibility to balance business needs and support a positive work/life balance. Access to salary packaging.
About the organisation
Domestic Violence NSW Service Management (DVSM) is a registered charity (ABN: 26-165-400-635) which aims to prevent and to provide support for people escaping/experiencing Domestic and Family Violence and homelessness.
DVSM provides support services in an urban context (Inner Sydney), in a suburban context (Western Sydney) and in remote rural NSW (Wilcannia). DVSM also provides professional services (Sightlines) to build capacity and share learning about Domestic and Family Violence within the Community Services sector and more broadly with the wider ecosystem of corporations, organisations, institutions, online and local communities.
Our vision is a world where women, families and communities live free from violence, have equal rights, opportunities, and the freedom to reach their potential. Our purpose: Building individual and community safety and well-being.
Our Values: A key part of working in this role is to demonstrate our values in day-to-day work. These values are: Person Centered - We listen and embrace diversity to support our clients to achieve their self-defined goals. Excellence - We exceed expectations with our professionalism and evidence-based products, programs and services. Respect- We remain open minded and non-judgmental. Integrity - We are ethical, transparent and accountable.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: People and Practice Manager – Sydney City via Pro Bono Australia.