About the role
We are seeking carers who are bright, enthusiastic and ready to start immediately. Please forward your resume to email@example.com Main Duties
- Provision of home based support services that are responsive to the needs and interests of the clients and in accordance with the client’s individual care plan
- Household assistance including cleaning bathrooms and toilets, vacuuming, dusting, changing beds; etc.
- Personal care including showering, dressing, toileting, grooming and exercise programs
- Supporting clients to access community facilities including shopping, banking, appointments and social activities
- Preparation and serving of drinks and meals for clients
- Monitoring the well being of all clients and reporting any issues or potential risks to Care Professionals supervisor
- Office based administration duties as required
- Attendance at training and staff meetings as required
- Certificate III or Certificate IV in Community Services (Aged and/or Disability Care)
- Detailed knowledge of the needs of frail aged and disabled people
- Experience in the implementation of Care Plans
- Level 2 First Aid
Skills For example:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Organisational skills
- Problem solving skills
- The use of a roadworthy vehicle
- A current Victorian Drivers Licence
- Be willing to have a Police check ( may also require Working with Children Clearance)
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Mobile Phone
About the organisation
Welcome to Care Professionals Australia, (formerly Care Strategies). We understand the needs of an ageing population and the older person’s desire to remain in their own home for as long as possible. We work closely with families and Case Managers to develop and deliver a tailored care plan for each client.
We pride ourselves on our ability to deliver services to support even the most complex of cases, utilising the combined experience of our team of professionals. Founded by health care professionals with many years of experience in the community care sector, Care Professionals Australia is now 15 years old.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Personal Care Attendant via Pro Bono Australia.