About the role
Play a key role in supporting the financial wellbeing of Australians and shaping the financial system for future generations.
- Positively impact the financial future and wellbeing of Australians
- Use your policy skills to make change and improve the lives of others
- Well-resourced start up environment with broad responsibilities
Ecstra Foundation are looking for a Policy and Research Manager who will play a critical role in informing Ecstra’s grants programme and stakeholder engagement priorities. In this role you will:
- Identify and analyse key issues, barriers to financial access and potential solutions to improving financial capability and wellbeing across key target consumer groups.
- Research current and emerging practical approaches to addressing financial literacy and capability in communities, schools and workplaces.
- Monitor and provide analysis of developments in Australia and internationally that affect different groups of consumers. Topics could consumer education, pay day lending regulation, insurance and superannuation reform, digitisation of banking, behavioural insights on managing money, structural conflicts of interest, addressing economic abuse (including elder abuse), women managing money and vulnerable consumers.
- Prepare submissions to government enquiries, draft policy statements, generate and contribute at a local and national level to dialogues on financial services reform including the Banking Royal Commission recommendations, aimed at building a more effective consumer centric financial system.
- Liaise and share knowledge with diverse stakeholders including government, ASIC, AFCA, consumer groups, community organisations, other philanthropic funders, financial service providers and industry bodies.
- Work with our grant partners across to highlight and communicate the experience of different groups of consumers dealing with money issues, including interaction with financial and service providers.
- Promote and collaborate with members of the National Financial Capability Network and Financial Inclusion Action Plan group (FIAP).
Coupled with a genuine desire to improve the financial future of all Australians, you will have demonstrated experience and expertise in research and policy development, analysis, implementation, evaluation and review. You will be an excellent communicator, skilled at managing and translating complex information, well organised and technically competent to ensure we maximise Ecstra’s granting impact.
Working with a small and dedicated team, this role is based in the Sydney CBD and offers great flexibility. Initial contract is for one year, with a view to ongoing yearly continuation.
About the organisation
Ecstra Foundation equips Australians with access to the resources they need to make confident money decisions for their financial future. The Foundation is deeply committed to building the financial capability and wellbeing of all Australians within a fair financial system.
Ecstra Foundation is a recently established not-for-profit entity, with initial funding provided through the Community Benefit Payments scheme. This means consumers will always be placed at the centre of its work.
Ecstra Foundation’s extensive grant programme will support organisations committed to helping people and communities manage money issues and to addressing the structural barriers and inequalities in the financial system.
How to apply for this role
People for Purpose has been appointed to recruit for this role. If you have specific questions about this role, please contact us on 0468 625 252 of by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, you MUST submit a CV and covering letter outlining why you are interested in representing Ecstra Foundation and how your skills and experience align to this opportunity.
Applications close at 5pm on Sunday, 1 September 2019
Please quote in application: Policy and Research Manager via Pro Bono Australia.