About the role
- Be part of an organization that makes a difference
- Take your next career step
- Flexible; Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane
- Full Time Max Term
The Smith Family is a national, independent children’s charity helping disadvantaged Australians to get the most out of their education, so they can create better futures for themselves. We are currently seeking a Program Manager to join our growing team.
Reporting to the Manager, Program Implementation, and working with a dedicated and passionate team, contributing to The Smith Family’s vision.
A day in the life of a Program Manager might look like this, but every day can be different. Primarily, you will be responsible for:
- Lead program planning with input from key stakeholders across the organisation to develop and resource the national implementation plan
- Lead and deliver on results from cross-functional program review activity that explores enhancements and/or growth through program or model redesign
- Monitor national data within, and external to, the customer relationship database to rack, support and report on delivery against planned targets, implementation and Program Quality Indicators
- Lead the recruitment and induction process of new team members
- Provide opportunities for developing enhanced practice, responsiveness to issues, sharing practice expertise, maximising resources
It takes a special kind of person to be our Program Manager. Our successful candidate will bring the following:
- Tertiary qualified in Social Sciences, Education or related disciplines
- Minimum 3 years’ demonstrated experience in program or project management in a community setting
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in people management
- Effective communication and managing relationships across a wide range of stakeholders, including use of accessible language
- Highly organized with an ability to act quickly but thoughtfully when opportunities and risks arise
Living up to our employment promise, our team members tell us that working for The Smith Family they have great job flexibility and the ability to work alongside committed, passionate and professional team members whilst engaging in challenging, fulfilling and diverse work. In turn, our team members believe that they offer commitment to our vision, mission and values and effective collaboration with fellow team members to deliver strong performance outcomes.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
If you are passionate about what you do, committed to make a difference and this sounds like your next role, we’d love to hear from you. Please contact us today by sending your resume and cover letter to Jacqui.Taylor@thesmithfamily.com.au. You may view the position description at Position Description link. For any other information, please contact Jacqui Taylor.
Closing date: Wednesday, 28 August 2019
Due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate must be prepared to undertake a National Police Check and a Working with Children’s Check. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to principles of cultural diversity. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.
Please quote in application: Program Manager, Certificate 1 in Financial Services via Pro Bono Australia.