About the role
CMY seeks a Project Officer to join our Youth Leadership team who will be responsible for the delivery of youth leadership activities with newly arrived young people to support their settlement and leadership aspirations. This will include intake activities, peer-led information sessions, leadership workshops and working with young people to identify and work towards reaching their personal and professional goals.
- Part Time (0.8EFT / 4 days per week)
- Fixed Term to June 2021
- Base Salary (SCHADS 4): $68,804 – $74,850 (plus Super and access to Salary Packaging)
- Location: Sunshine
- Applications Close: 9:30 am, Monday 19 August 2019
We’re looking for someone with…
- A passion for supporting young people to feel empowered, connected and influential
- Experience working with newly-arrived young people and a sensitivity to their lived experiences
- Project management skills including planning, development, delivery and evaluation of youth programs
- Great communication and teamwork skills
- A commitment to CMY’s values of diversity, participation and human rights
For more information
About the organisation
The Centre for Multicultural Youth (CMY) is a not-for-profit organisation based in Victoria, providing specialist knowledge and support to young people from refugee and migrant backgrounds. Our vision is that young people from migrant and refugee backgrounds are connected, empowered and influential Australians.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Project Officer – Youth Leadership (CMY166) via Pro Bono Australia.