About the role
COORDINARE is the South Eastern NSW Primary Health Network (PHN), working with a broad range of ‘system’ stakeholders to transform the health system in the region by building synergies, streamlining approaches, and creating momentum for population health improvement.
The organisation has adopted an innovative business model that is data-driven, using epidemiological information, practice-based evidence and local knowledge to set clear priorities for improving health outcomes, achieving better experiences for people and value for money.
Benefits & Culture
- Competitive salary and generous salary packaging benefits
- Professional development encouraged for all employees
- Culture focused on innovation and driving system change
- Role could be based in Wollongong, Queanbeyan, Nowra or Moruya[AB1]
The Regional Coordinator will drive the implementation of the SENSW Regional Mental Health and Suicide Prevention Plan aiming to reduce fragmentation, address shared priorities and establish cohesive systems and pathways based on population needs.
Working closely with and being guided by an Implementation Coordination Committee, which includes representatives from COORDINARE, Illawarra Shoalhaven LHD and Southern NSW LHD, you will support the implementation of the Regional Mental Health and Suicide Prevention Plan. The Regional Coordinator will report to COORDINARE’s Mental Health Service Development and Performance Manager.
The key challenge in this role is supporting stakeholders to understand and implement mental health reform and an integrated mental health stepped care approach with a stronger emphasis on consumer outcomes and satisfaction.
Key accountabilities in these roles include-
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously as described in the Regional Mental Health and Suicide Prevention Plan and associated Implementation Plan
- Organise and support the Regional Plan Implementation Coordinating Committee
- Work collaboratively with COORDINARE and the LHDs in the SENSW region to ensure the implementation of key strategies and actions of the implementation plane
- Contribute to and facilitate the development of service mapping and scoping for the region
- Support consultation with key stakeholders including consumers and carers
- Contribute to and coordinate regular monitoring and review of the Regional Plan
You have extensive experience in mental health service delivery and project management. You will have:
- Extensive experience working closely in collaboration with diverse stakeholders
- The ability to present information persuasively to different audiences, in particular those with mental health or drug and alcohol lived experience
- A track record of successfully delivering system change and delivering better outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to work across teams and operate in a person centred environment.
If you would like to use your experience within the health sector to benefit people in the South Eastern NSW community, please forward your resume and cover letter addressing the “skills required” section above. Alternatively call Anna Skeels on 03 8319 4070 if you have specific questions.
Please note that there is no formal closing date for this role. Early applications are encouraged and suitable candidates may be shortlisted for interview as applications are received.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Please quote in application: Regional Coordinator - Mental Health via Pro Bono Australia.