About the role
About the Position
The idyllic Brisbane seaside suburb of Manly is home to the Edwin Marsden Tooth Memorial Residential Aged Care home and a series of modern, bungalow-style independent living units known as Lota Court. The large landscaped grounds also house the heritage listed Georgian-style Lota House. EM Tooth provides excellent 24 hour nursing and care assistance for the elderly, with special accommodation and recreational amenities also available for those with dementia.
We are looking for a casual Registered Nurse to join our team to provide comprehensive and accurate nursing assessments, and to plan care based on the outcomes of assessment, utilising contemporary evidence based clinical knowledge and case management of Residents. The role will scheduled around a seven-day rotating roster which will include weekends and you will need to be available at short notice to cover leave requirements.
As a Registered Nurse with experience in the Aged Care sector, you will be flexible and enthusiastic, with a dedication to the care and support of the elderly, and be able to offer:
- Strong clinical background and current knowledge of practices
- Skills in palliative care, wound care, medication management and post-acute care
- Robust residential experience and a commitment to continuous improvement
- Proven ability to manage workload and ensure documentation is complete and up to date
- Working knowledge of ACFI and other funding processes
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal and an ability to work effectively within a team environment, relating to a wide range of staff, management, residents and families
- Sound computer knowledge with experience in clinical systems (AutumnCare would be beneficial)
- Compassion and enthusiasm, with a friendly, approachable attitude
- Client-centred care to residents and their families which respects and protects their rights, privacy & wellbeing
You will also require a Degree in Nursing, current registration with AHPRA and a National Police Certificate.
What We Offer
Anglicare is committed to building a highly skilled workforce, assisted by a dedicated management team. We support our staff with learning and development initiatives, an employee benefits program and progressive human resources management strategies, and are recognised as a leading employer in the non-profit sector. You will also enjoy:
- Working with dedicated professionals under a supportive and engaged manager in a family-focused facility
- Developing skills within the growing sector of Aged Care
- Career progression and development in the form of internal and external training
- Work and life balance with casual hours across weekdays and weekends
Show Your Interest
Apply now and be rewarded with a position that directly and positively influences the quality of life for our clients; working within an organisation that values your professional contribution and personal well-being.
Anglicare is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, those from cultural and linguistically diverse backgrounds, LGBTIQ+ communities, people with disabilities and people with a lived experience of mental health issues. We promote a child-safe environment and are committed to providing on-going care and protection.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Please quote in application: Registered Nurse via Pro Bono Australia.