About the role
- Full Time or Part-Time Permanent
- Based in Gippsland
- Wide range of workplace benefits
Where everyone is someone in our community
Due to increased consumer demand, Windermere is seeking an experienced Senior Occupational Therapist to join our Early Intervention & Transition Services program. Working remotely and from our offices in Gippsland (Morwell and Warragul), this on-going position is perfect for a confident and positive professional who wants to join an organisation who lives by their strong values to help strengthen our community. Recognised as a flexible and family friendly organisation, this role can either be full-time or part-time.
The successful applicant will provide Occupational Therapy assessment and intervention to children aged 0 – 18 years of age that have a range of disabilities, including, but not limited to; developmental delay, cerebral palsy, Down Syndrome and Autism Spectrum Disorder. You will be supporting children and families within their natural environments, using a family centred, strengths-based and transdisciplinary approach.
Our ideal candidate has:
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy and current registration with AHPRA
- Minimum 4 years’ experience managing, supervising and leading staff
- Minimum 6 years’s discipline specific clinical experience, with south theoretical knowledge in paediatric practice 0-18
- Demonstrated knowledge of typical development and common diagnosis in disabilities.
- Knowledge and skills in the assessment, implementation and evaluation of plans and services for children & families
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team as well as working independently, including office based or remote off-site location
- Registration with Medicare and DSS preferred and willing to apply.
- Current Victorian Drivers’ License
Windermere fosters a culture of flexibility, support and wellbeing. We have a wide range of workplace benefits including flexible work hours, rostered days off, gifted days off, Flexible Leave Scheme (50/52), study leave, generous salary packaging and the opportunity for professional development.
Join a fun, friendly and supportive team of professionals – our awesome people make coming to work awesome too!
We believe in a diverse and inclusive workforce- and value different life experiences and perspectives.
Be part of something bigger – help us to create a stronger, more connected and supported community.
About the organisation
Windermere aims to assist people with a disability to identify support that really matters most to them. Our team of talented Occupational Therapists provide service to children and youth aged 0 -18 years who may be demonstrating delays or difficulties with their development including gross and fine motor skills and social skills.
Windermere is a registered service provider under the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) and with more than 20 years’ experience in providing services to Victorians living with disability or developmental delays, we understand the NDIS and how it may impact our consumers.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Senior Occupational Therapist - Gippsland via Pro Bono Australia.