About the role
- Permanent Full-Time or Part Time
- Gippsland location
- Culture of flexibility, support and welling
Where everyone is someone in our community
Due to increased consumer demand, we are currently seeking an experienced Senior Speech Pathologist to join our Early Intervention & Therapy Services program. Working remotely and from our offices in Gippsland (Morwell and Warragul), this on-going position is perfect for a confident and positive professional who wants to join an organisation who lives by their strong values to help strengthen our community. Recognised as a flexible and family friendly organisation, this role can either be full-time or part-time.
As a Senior Speech Pathologist, you will be responsible for delivering evidence informed intervention strategies, standard assessments and parent training to empower families to increase their child’s communication and active participation in social and educational settings. You will provide key worker support and advice to families and children in relation to speaking, listening, understanding language, fluency and social skills.
Our ideal candidate has:
- Tertiary qualifications in Speech Pathology and current registration with relevant professional body
- Minimum 4 years’s experience managing, supervising and leading staff
- Minimum 6 years’ discipline specific clinical experience, with sound theoretical knowledge in paediatric practice 0-18
- Demonstrated knowledge of typical development and common diagnosis in disabilities
- Knowledge and skills in the assessment, implementation and evaluation of plans and services for children & families.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team as well as working independently, including office based or remote off-site location
- Registration with Medicare and DSS preferred and willing to apply
- Current Victorian Drivers’ License
About the organisation
Windermere aims to assist people with a disability to identify support that really matters most to them. Our team of talented Speech Pathologists provide support to children and youth aged 0 -18 years who may have delays or difficulties with their communication and development, including speech language and social skills.
Windermere is a registered service provider under the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) and with more than 20 years’ experience in providing services to Victorians living with disability or developmental delays, we understand the NDIS and how it may impact our consumers.
Windermere fosters a culture of flexibility, support and wellbeing. We have a wide range of workplace benefits including flexible work hours, rostered days off, gifted days off, Flexible Leave Scheme (50/52), study leave, generous salary packaging and the opportunity for professional development.
Join a fun, friendly and supportive team of professionals – our awesome people make coming to work awesome too!
We believe in a diverse and inclusive workforce- and value different life experiences and perspectives.
Be part of something bigger – help us to create a stronger, more connected and supported community.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Senior Speech Pathologist via Pro Bono Australia.