About the role
We are passionate about the work we do.
We’re looking for a Social Media Manager who wants to join our 2,000+ team of staff and volunteers to make a difference.
The Social Media Manager is a key contributor to the Brotherhood’s strategy to raise its profile and engage supporters. This will be done by leading the development and implementation of social media strategies organisation-wide, including content calendars and paid social media activity, in line with broader marketing strategies so as to build brand awareness, facilitate lead generation, increase volunteers and drive donations.
What we’re looking for:
Passion for supporting the mission of the Brotherhood, and passion for delivering excellence in your role, are just the start.
To be considered for the role and be successful in it, we’re looking for a Social Media Manager who has the following key skills and experiences:
- significant experience in social media management and paid social media campaigns
- Bachelor degree in Communications, Marketing or similar
- proven track record in delivering significant improvement in social media metrics for an organisation, and incremental financial outcomes
- strong commercial acumen, financial literacy
- strong experience in copywriting for social media
- proficient in content marketing theory and application
- in-depth understanding of each social media advertising platform – including specific targeting requirements, creative specifications and budget needs, and proven ability to achieve results
- strong understanding of the Facebook Pixel & ability to develop a pixel tracking strategy
- experience using Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager to measure social results
- experience working with agencies and suppliers in the development of campaigns
- experience sourcing and managing content development and publishing
- experience in social media systems and processes
- strong data and analytical knowledge
- strong attention to detail, timelines and budgetary restraints
- proven ability to work collaboratively with freelancers, developers and creatives
- strong problem-solving skills
- strong decision making and action planning skills
- superior time management skills
- well-developed interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to liaise across all levels both internally, externally and with people from diverse backgrounds and the ability to clearly convey an organisation’s mission and inspire support for that mission amongst a wide variety of stakeholders
- ability to identify and resolve problems and make appropriate recommendations
- demonstrated high level of writing skills, including ability to write professional correspondence and copywriting of materials targeted to different audiences
- well-developed knowledge and experience working with Microsoft Office Programs including Word, Excel, PowerPoint as well as fundraising databases
- demonstrated ability to work autonomously, and collaboratively and flexibly within a changing and dynamic environment as part of a team to achieve goals
- understanding of, and empathy with, the values and ideals of the Brotherhood.
This is a full-time position working 38 hours per week.
Attractive salary packaging provisions are available to increase take home pay.
As part of the Brotherhood’s recruitment and selection process, applicants will be required to undergo pre-employment checks as required, applicants will be subject to, but not limited to, the following checks: National (and International if applicable) Police Check, Victorian Employee Working with Children Check, Right to Work in Australia, Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme Check and current professional registration.
The Brotherhood of St Laurence has a vision of an Australia free of Poverty. We embrace, and value, diversity of culture, working arrangements, sexual orientation and gender identity to ensure our workforce is representative of the community that we work within. We promote a workplace that actively seeks to include and welcome unique contributions of all people. We embrace and celebrate the value of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff, their skills and contribution to our organisation.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Social Media Manager via Pro Bono Australia.