About the role
- Leading community services organisation
- Salary packaging and competitive sector remuneration
- Part time (0.8 FTE) position based at our Croydon office.
- Senior social work role specialising in parenting assessment and infant welfare
- Provide innovative outreach support to vulnerable families engaged with Child Protection
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Social Worker or related professional to join our Parenting Assessment and Skills Development Service, based in Croydon. The formal position title is Case Worker – PASDS. The position is permanent part time working 4 days per week. This senior role is paid at SCHCADS Level 6, due to the experience required and the skills to support the complexity of the cases.
This role provides parenting capacity assessments for vulnerable families with infants under the age of 2 years referred by Child Protection. The successful applicant will hold a case load of 2-3 families, engage in intensive outreach case practice and possess a high level of proficiency in assessment and report writing. PASDS have access to monthly external consultation in support of case work and work in close partnership with Child Protection.
You will need to be able to work flexible hours on occasions (starting early OR finishing late) to meet the needs of families in the early morning or early evening. You will have control of scheduling this outreach.
To be successful in your application you will meet the person specification in the position description, including having a relevant tertiary qualification in a field related to Social Work or Psychology.
Please address the following questions related to the person specification in a separate document to be uploaded as part of your application:
- Briefly outline your understanding of the Best Interest Framework and how it underpins and informs your assessment process, and what other theories do you draw on to evidence your findings and recommendations?
- Describe a time you have needed to be particularly innovative to encourage engagement with a reluctant family. What specific strategies were implemented? Why? And what was the outcome?
- Describe your understanding of age, stage and development of babies and infants, and how you ensure that you are inclusive of the child’s voice when working with children of all ages.
About the organisation
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
We are proud to have been part of local communities for over 100 years delivering services across Victoria and Tasmania. With a team of 7,000 skilled and committed individuals we provide over 770 programs and services to people of all ages to learn, thrive and enjoy a healthy, happy life. We’re there for children, families, people with disability, older people and those experiencing homelessness, mental illness or drug and alcohol addiction.
Uniting is looking for great people who, like us, celebrate diversity and welcome everyone regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity.
Uniting offers employees:
- A comprehensive range of professional development opportunities
- Reflective practice and supportive supervision
- Career options through a wide range of programs and locations
- Family friendly workplace practices
- More take home pay through charity level salary packaging up to $15,900 per annum via Paywise salary packaging
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Social Worker - Infants and Early Childhood Parenting Specialist via Pro Bono Australia.