About the role
The following opportunity exists to join a creative, motivated and energetic social work team within the Crisis Contact Centre.
The Interim Support & Linkage Program (ISLP) has been established in response to clients who have multiple presentations at The Salvation Army Crisis Contact Centre, as they have been unable to access the necessary support and housing responses. This program will provide intensive housing support for up to 6 weeks – this may take many forms ranging from direct task based service delivery, assistance to engage with housing and support services, and case coordination.
The ISLP case workers engage with clients around developing a clear picture of both immediate and longer-term needs and priorities, and the development of a plan to aid access to required supports and other resources. ISLP workers will also offer capacity to co-ordinate referral and linkage to address the range of needs identified by clients of the service – this may include (but is not limited to) supports in relation to mental health, AOD, family violence, disability, legal and financial issues.
The ISLP works in close collaboration with The Salvation Army Crisis Contact Centre staff.
Applicants with case management and/or housing experience are encouraged to apply.
Social, Community, Home Care & Disability Services Industry Award 2010 – Social & Community Services Stream Level 5 Pay Point 3 – $40.69 per hour.
Please note that the successful applicant will be required to undertake a National Police Records Check and supply a valid Working With Children Check prior to commencement of employment.
Key Selection Criteria
- A demonstrated understanding of the issues associated with homelessness.
- A demonstrated commitment to the provision of accessible and flexible outreach support services to people with intensive and complex needs.
- A proven track record in working with people with complex needs and assisting them to secure long term and appropriate housing.
- A capacity to assess and make timely and appropriate decisions on the provision of information, options and resources with regard to individual situation and circumstances.
- A sound knowledge of the resources and services available in the community with respect to housing, health (inclusive of alcohol and other drug and psychiatric supports), legal, sexual assault, counselling services, income security and education and training supports.
- Well developed client engagement skills.
- Well developed interpersonal skills, both oral and written.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team delivering a range of services and to be independent and autonomous where necessary.
A full Position Description is attached below.
About the organisation
The Crisis Contact Centre (CCC) acknowledges the Yalukit Willum Clan of the Boon Wurrung as the Traditional Custodians of the lands in which our services operate. We pay respects to Elders past, present and emerging.
The Salvation Army Crisis Contact Centre in St Kilda is a generalist service that offers a 24hr, Statewide crisis response to people of all ages. It is open for face-to-face assistance, on a drop-in basis, from 9am until 11pm every day of the year (inc public holidays), and offers a telephone-based response 24/7.
The CCC is a high volume service that assists over 12,000 households a year, and while many are at risk of, or experiencing, homelessness, clients of the service present with a broad range of needs. Immediate assistance may include financial assistance for emergency housing, food vouchers and other material aid, information, advocacy and planning, as well as referral to specialist supports in relation to housing, family violence, alcohol and other drug use and mental health.
About the Program
The CCC also incorporates an Interim Support and Linkage Program (ISLP), which provides short term intensive assistance for individuals and families to develop long term housing and other support plans in conjunction with a wide range of community-based support services.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Social Worker – Interim Support and Linkage Program via Pro Bono Australia.