About the role
12 month position (maternity leave)
- Work as part of a cohesive social work team
- Full time opportunity
- Generous salary packaging benefits
- Exciting opportunity for a social worker to join the Service Coordination team.
- This position is full time position and is based in our St Kilda Rd office with an outreach component
- Diverse role
The key responsibilities of this role are:
- Manage a case load of clients with multiple and complex needs
- Provide client focused, accessible, responsive support that is consistent with best practice
- Conduct assessments, referrals and advocacy
- Assess the needs of children and families and deliver intervention to safeguard children and promote positive outcomes, wellbeing and protective parenting
- Liaise with internal and external services including the wider community in order to support clients
To be successful in this role you will have:
- You will have a passion for working with vulnerable individuals, families and children
- Determination to deliver innovative, flexible and effective services of the highest possible standards
- Demonstrated experience in case work, preferably using a strengths based, client centred, trauma informed approach.
- Tertiary qualifications in Social Work
- Experience working with diverse stakeholders
Jewish Care is committed to the professional development of all staff, providing ongoing opportunities to upgrade staff skill set and expertise. We aim to provide the highest standard of professional and personal support offering flexibility and conditions not readily available elsewhere, including the option of maximising your income with salary packaging.
Jewish Care employs staff from all cultural and religious backgrounds and provides cultural and spiritual training in the Jewish Ethos. Our recruitment procedures reflect our commitment to the safety and protection of our clients. Relevant screening and police checks will be conducted.
About the organisation
Jewish Care Victoria, a not-for-profit organisation, is the largest provider of aged and community services for the Jewish Community in Victoria. Services include Aged Residential Care, Assessment Referral and Individual Support Services, Community Aged Care, Disability, Mental Health, Youth and Family Services and Holocaust Survivors Programs.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Social Worker - Service Coordination (12 month contract) via Pro Bono Australia.