About the role
- Great part time social work role
- Friendly supportive workplace
- Generous salary packaging benefits
We are now seeking an enthusiastic and team orientated individual to join the Service Coordination Team. This role has a portfolio attached with a focus on supporting clients with a disability and transitioning onto NDIS. This position is part time and is based at St Kilda Road with the possibility of working from other Jewish Care sites. The successful candidate will work within a team of experienced social workers.
The key responsibilities of this role are:
- Experience working with clients who present with complex mental health and/or disability support needs
- Develop responsive and accessible services and continuity of care through effective links and liaison between the service coordination team, disability team and other relevant services.
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently with culturally diverse clients
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously with a high degree of initiative and a flexible approach
- Excellent communication skills
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in social work or equivalent
- Experience working in or with disability services
- Advanced collaboration and consultation skills
- An understanding and experience with NDIS planning and service delivery would be highly regarded
- Extensive experience in the provision of assessment and case management services for clients experiencing multiple complex issues, as well as providing appropriate support for cares and families
Jewish Care is committed to the professional development of all staff, providing ongoing opportunities to upgrade staff skill set and expertise. We aim to provide the highest standard of professional and personal support offering flexibility and conditions not readily available elsewhere, including the option of maximising your income with salary packaging.
Jewish Care employs staff from all cultural and religious backgrounds and provides cultural and spiritual training in the Jewish Ethos. Our recruitment procedures reflect our commitment to the safety and protection of our clients. Relevant screening and police checks will be conducted.
About the organisation
Jewish Care Victoria, a not-for-profit organisation, is the largest provider of aged and community services for the Jewish Community in Victoria. Services include Aged Residential Care, Assessment Referral and Individual Support Services, Community Aged Care, Disability, Mental Health, Youth and Family Services and Holocaust Survivors Programs.
How to apply for this role
If you would like to discuss this opportunity further please contact Marilyn Kraner on 03 8517 5928 .
Position closes on 6th of September 2019 (please no recruitment agencies to make contact)
To apply for this role please go to the next page
Please quote in application: Social Worker – Service Coordination Team – Disability Portfolio via Pro Bono Australia.