About the role
- Are you interested in making the difference in the lives of children and young people with disability?
- Would you like to work in an organisation where you will have access to clinical supervision on a regular basis, have access to great professional development opportunities and have the opportunities to develop your skills across a variety of service delivery models?
The Assessment and Therapy team at Mater Dei is seeking a Speech Pathologist to join the team. The therapists have access to wonderful resources to assist with achieving delivering evidence based practice, access to professional development and are continuously striving towards providing innovative practice to improve the outcomes of children and young people with disability.
- Location: Narellan and Camden
- Work Type: Temporary Full time or part-time, 12 months, 44 weeks per annum
- Award: Health Professionals and Support Services Award 2010
- Salary Range: $64,270 – $93,114 plus super depending upon qualifications and experience.
The Assessment and Therapy team is comprised of 10-13 Allied Health professionals including Speech Pathologists, Occupational Therapists and a Physiotherapist. It is a busy clinic, with an active caseload of approximately 300. There is also a substantial waitlist. There is a significant focus on ensuring that we provide evidence based assessment and intervention.
The successful candidate will have:
- Proven experience of being a strong team player open to transdisciplinary collaboration
- Proven interest in and ability to provide intervention that focuses on building the capacity of family members or the supporters of the client.
- Bachelor / Masters degree in Speech Pathology, current membership Speech Pathology Australia and a current drivers licence.
- Demonstrated high level written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience and knowledge of contemporary, evidence based Speech Pathology practice in areas including assessment, delivery of functional speech therapy programs and utilising various service delivery models when working with clients with a disability.
- A professional, warm, flexible and open attitude
- Driver’s license
- Working With Children’s Check
- First aid qualifications
- Previous experience working within the NDIS framework
For more information visit: https://www.nextpath.org.au/about-us/careers
To discuss the role please contact Tennille Bertram on 0427 271 285
About the organisation
Mater Dei Assessment and Therapy is a program of Mater Dei an innovate and dynamic organisation serving those with a disability.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Speech Pathologist via Pro Bono Australia.