About the role
- Part- time position
- 12 month Parental leave contract
Guide Dogs Victoria currently has a Parental leave contract vacant, for a Support Coordinator to join our team on a part time basis, for three days per week.
The role will be a primary support for clients who hold funding packages, to assist the planning for the use for their funding and implementing the services that our clients require.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Supporting clients to understand their funding and assist them in defining an action plan for identified goals;
- Working with clients to implement a variety of support options in line with their NDIS plan;
- Ensuring that mainstream services are meeting clients requirements;
- Ensuring funding supports are being implemented within the allocated budget;
- Assisting clients in building greater independence to be able to self-direct services and supports in the future;
- Providing NDIA with reports on outcomes and success indicators; and
- Evaluating the clients’ progress against identified goals.
This role requires someone with a Certificate IV in Disability or Community Services/Social Science and who has the ability to be able to navigate the multiple sectors to be able to link individuals to relevant services and support.
A competitive remuneration package is available commensurate with skills and experience, which includes tax free salary packaging and a fully maintained tool of trade vehicle.
About the organisation
Guide Dogs Victoria provides high quality training to maximize the independence of people living with low vision or blindness. Our professional services extend beyond the provision of guide dogs, and include innovative children's mobility programs, orientation and mobility training for adults and people living with an acquired brain injury (ABI), and social networking programs to support active community participation. Guide Dogs Victoria is also Australia's most trusted charity and an employer of choice in the disability sector. Our staff enjoy an inclusive and collaborative working environment where talent is recognised and innovation is encouraged.
How to apply for this role
Applications (including a Cover letter and Resume) to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 6th September 2019.
Guide Dogs Victoria welcomes applicants who are blind or who have low vision to apply.
Please quote in application: Support Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.