About the role
Based in Canning Vale; Experience in Autism Required
- Work in your local community
- Paid travel time and kilometres
- Salary packaging available
We are looking for a Support Worker with experience in Autism to support children in getting ready for school as well as doing the school drop off and pick up.
The ideal candidate must have professional or personal experience supporting someone with Autism as well as availability for morning (starting approx 7:30am) and afternoon (ending approx 5:30pm) shifts during the week and weekend shifts (between 9am and 5pm)on a fortnightly basis.
- Social support and personal care
- Household and domestic duties
- Providing reliable and flexible support that best meet the customer’s needs
- Problem solving any issues that may arise
- Working collaboratively with the customer, their family and the team
- Previous Support Work experience in Autism is preferred
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to think outside the box and problem solve
- Valid driver’s licence and reliable vehicle are essential
- Available for early morning and afternoon shifts throughout the week and alternative weekends
- Must be currently living in the local area
- Able to attend mandatory training
The successful applicant will receive an hourly rate of $24.50! Payment for kilometres is also offered as well as comprehensive training opportunities.
About the organisation
Avivo is a leading Community Services organisation providing in home and individualised support to people living with frailty, disability and/or ill mental health.
How to apply for this role
We value a diverse workforce with different life experiences, skills and backgrounds including people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from all cultural and linguistic backgrounds.
Appointments to this position will be subject to a satisfactory National Police Clearance.
Please quote in application: Support Worker - Canning Vale via Pro Bono Australia.