About the role
Requestion ID: req2038
Employment Type: Casual
If you’re looking for somewhere to pursue your passion and make a difference, then join the New Horizons team as a Casual Support Worker.
Many of our casual staff join our full time and part time teams!
Shifts are available in offices Hurstville and Rockdale, and you will report to the Capacity Planner in our customer service department.
Working hours involve shift work, and you will need to be available to work flexible shifts that may include a combination of mornings, evenings, nights, sleepovers and weekends.
The day to day:
- Providing a person centred approach to help customers achieve their goals and aspirations
- Contributing information for the development of customer support plans
- Providing support to customers with personal care, living skills, transport, social activities, community access, medication and other support as required
- Keeping customer records up to date on a daily basis using online systems
- Developing and maintaining professional relationships and networks with customers, families, caregivers and key stakeholders
- With support and guidance from team leaders, seek out innovative ways to enhance the customer journey
What you need to have:
- Relevant qualifications and/or experience in industry
- Valid Driver Licence
- Passion, Respect & Integrity
- Self-motivated with the ability to work autonomously and also in a
- Ability and confidence to communicate and work with other staff outside of the immediate team
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities according to agreed timeframes and quality standards
- Understanding of Recovery Orientated Practice
You could benefit from:
- Internal and external learning and development opportunities and workplace mentoring
- Employee Assistance Program providing counselling services
- Professional development opportunities and secondments
- Eligibility for our recognition program and celebration of service
- A supportive culture and working environment
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Support Worker (Casuals, South East Sydney) via Pro Bono Australia.