About the role
Requestion ID: req2038
Employment Type: Casual
If you’re looking for somewhere to pursue your passion and make a difference, then join the New Horizons team as a Casual Support Worker.
Many of our casual staff join our full time and part time teams!
Shifts are available in offices Hurstville and Rockdale, and you will report to the Capacity Planner in our customer service department.
Working hours involve shift work, and you will need to be available to work flexible shifts that may include a combination of mornings, evenings, nights, sleepovers and weekends.
The day to day:
- Providing a person centred approach to help customers achieve their goals and aspirations
- Contributing information for the development of customer support plans
- Providing support to customers with personal care, living skills, transport, social activities, community access, medication and other support as required
- Keeping customer records up to date on a daily basis using online systems
- Developing and maintaining professional relationships and networks with customers, families, caregivers and key stakeholders
- With support and guidance from team leaders, seek out innovative ways to enhance the customer journey
What you need to have:
- Relevant qualifications and/or experience in industry
- Valid Driver Licence
- Passion, Respect & Integrity
- Self-motivated with the ability to work autonomously and also in a
- Ability and confidence to communicate and work with other staff outside of the immediate team
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities according to agreed timeframes and quality standards
- Understanding of Recovery Orientated Practice
You could benefit from:
- Internal and external learning and development opportunities and workplace mentoring
- Employee Assistance Program providing counselling services
- Professional development opportunities and secondments
- Eligibility for our recognition program and celebration of service
- A supportive culture and working environment
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
We would like your application to include a cover letter that explains how your skills, ability and experience meets the requirements of this advert.
Applications close 5pm Sunday 25th August 2019 or when a suitable candidate is identified, so apply now, don't wait
New Horizons acknowledges all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the traditional custodians of the land.
New Horizons values diversity and encourages applications from all people. Our vision is to see happy inclusive communities work together in collaborative and inclusive ways to create opportunity and improve quality of life. Our workforce proudly reflects the local communities we connect with and support.
Please quote in application: Support Worker (Casuals, South East Sydney) via Pro Bono Australia.