About the role
Support Worker – Children and Young Persons
- Office based in College Park but work is primarily out in the community, around Adelaide and surrounding areas
- Full Time hours 37.5 per week
- Salary Packing benefits for NOT-FOR-PROFIT, including Car + Fuel Card
- Tolls for the job – Phone and Laptop
About the role
A Support Worker is responsible for supporting our young people placed in family based Out of Home Care (OOHC). This work is varied and includes planning and supporting activities, individual and or group work, transportation and may include supervising family contact.
We are looking for someone who has empathy and an enormous passion to making a positive and lasting difference to the lives of our children and young people.
- Providing various types of support to Child and Youth placed in foster carer (Transport, Social/Community, Education and Mentoring)
- Collaborative support, advocating for the child and participation in our Key Care team Framework
- Assist in care / behaviour plans for our children and young people
- Completion of required documentation, for operational compliance
- And ensure compliance of business policies and child protection procedures
Experience and Skills Required
- Be energetic and enthusiastic, have a passion for working with children and young people who have been exposed to trauma
- A certificate in Human Services and or a similar relevant field (minimum Cert 4)
- First Aid Certificate is essential
- Be confident and able to deal with difficult situations in accordance to business and child safe procedures
- Proven experience in Youth work, Youth Detention, Residential Care and or OOHC
- Training / experience in child abuse / trauma related behaviours, youth Mental Health and similar
- Current Australian “C” Class driver license
- Applicants must reside in Australia to be eligible for consideration
- And must have a Working With Children Card or similar relevant to the state your applying in and be willing to undergo and satisfactorily complete personal and statutory checks
About the organisation
Key Assets The Children’s Services Provider (Not-For-Profit Agency)
- An evolving Out of Home Care service (NGO) provider, located Australia wide
- Committed to building a culturally diverse and inclusive workforce, AWEI Bronze Employer of Choice for 2015 & 2016, AWEI Gold Employer Award for 2017, AWEI Silver Employer Award for 2018, finalist for the Australian HR Awards 2017
- We provide therapeutic practice support to families and the vulnerable children and young people placed in their care
Key Assets welcomes applications for appropriately qualified and experienced person to provide direct support for Children and Young People within and around Adelaide.
How to apply for this role
For further information about support work please contact Cameron Dodds on (08) 8274 5900
KEY ASSETS THE CHILDREN’S SERVICES PROVIDER is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and all applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and minority groups are encouraged to apply.
Please quote in application: Support Worker Full Time (College Park based) via Pro Bono Australia.