About the role
- Morwell/ Bairnsdale location
- Salary Range $83,238 – $86,920, Salary packaging available
At VACCA, Lakidjeka Aboriginal Child Specialist Advise Support Service (ACSASS) is committed to support and ensure the child protection system for Aboriginal children, young people and families is in line with protocols laid down.
This role will:
- Provide independent consultation advice to Child Protection on the best ways of keeping children and young people safe. This advice will include the importance of a strong connection to Aboriginal culture, community and family when making decisions in the best interest of the child
- Manage the day to day operations of locally based ACSASS team including the direct supervision and support of staff
- Report to a Program Manager as well as contribute to a larger state-wide ACSASS team
- Liaise and develop a number of external working relationships with Child Protection, Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal services
Application deadline is Sunday, 25 August 2019
About the organisation
The Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) is the largest organization of its kind in Australia. VACCA is an Aboriginal community-controlled organization that supports and advocates for the Aboriginal community. Our strength lies with our people. Our team is committed to the organisation's vision and values; advocates for our children and other vulnerable community members; and shows respect for, observance and compliance with Aboriginal cultural protocols, practice, and ceremony. Our Aboriginality is what distinguishes us from mainstream services and what enables us to deliver the positive outcomes we achieve for our people
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Team Leader - Lakidjeka via Pro Bono Australia.