About the role
Team Manager – VIC, Full Time
An exciting opportunity exists to play a key role in the future success of our growing service within Key Assets – The Children’s Services Provider. This role will be based in Leongatha with travel to our state office in Clayton.
- Salary Packaging options + Motor vehicle c/w fuel card
- Superannuation 9.5%
- Ongoing supervision and professional development; and
- tools for the role, mobile phone and laptop
Key Assets – The Children’s Services Provider (Not-For-Profit Agency)
- An evolving Out of Home Care service (NGO) provider, located Australia wide
- Committed to building a culturally diverse and inclusive workforce, AWEI Bronze Employer of Choice for 2015 & 2016, AWEI Gold Employer Award for 2017, AWEI Silver Employer Award for 2018, finalist for the Australian HR Awards 2017
- We provide therapeutic practice support to families and the vulnerable children and young people placed in their care
Due to expansion of our agency into the Gippsland region, we are now seeking a dynamic and creative individual to be a Team Manager within the Key Assets Social Work Service in our Leongatha office.
About the role, as the Team Manager you will take a leadership role in the team and provide appropriate levels of line management, supervision, support and training to Social Workers to ensure that high quality practice is an achievable aim for all Social Workers in line with Key Assets Purpose and Pledges.
Key Components of the role:
- To take a high profile and leadership role in the staff structure and provide appropriate levels of line management, coaching, supervision, support and training to the Social / Case Workers to ensure that high quality practice is an achievable aim in line with Key Assets Purpose and Pledges.
- Show clear leadership within the team and work in close liaison with the Director, Operations Manager and other members of the local Senior Leadership Team.
- Demonstrate a high level of knowledge, skills and expertise in Social Work practice
- Ensure that Social Work Practice in relation to quality assurance and best practice is maintained in all cases and at all times
Experience and Skills Required:
- To demonstrate expertise and commitment to a growing team and the service you will provide
- Bring high energy, enthusiasm and a passion for the role
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience as a qualified social worker (or equivalent) in a children and family setting of which preferably two years was attained working directly with foster carers and children placed with them.
- Show evidence of leadership and supervisory experience
- Have a strong ability to build sustainable relationships with all stakeholders
- Must have a comprehensive working knowledge of all relevant legislation pertaining to children’s services and of all policies and procedures in relation to Safeguarding children
- You will continue to develop effective partnerships with the Department of Health and Human Services as well as developing networks within the sector and with other local community service providers and provide Social Work guidance and support to the team and Foster Carers.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Team Manager - Full Time (Leongatha, VIC) via Pro Bono Australia.