About the role
- Work as part of a self organising team
- SCHCADS Level 5
- Generous salary packaging
About the role
The Transition Worker will work across a designated area, the role supports consumers to test their eligibility for access to the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS), using a recovery-oriented focus. The key responsibilities will include:
- Connect Consumers through Transition to apply for NDIS
- Engage with the NDIS, if found eligible
- Engage with NDIA & Local Area Coordinators to support consumers transitioning to the NDIS
- Work with other agencies to remove service barriers and identify capacity to offer supports
To be successful in the role, you will need:
- A relevant tertiary qualification or Certificate IV in mental health, disability or related field, where qualifications are necessary for safety of the person we support
- Ability to exercise personal responsibility and work as a part of a self organizing team
- Demonstrate values consistent with person-centred ways of working and supporting the person’s choice and control
- Minimum 3 years work experience in a mental health environment and a thorough understanding of recovery-oriented principles in mental healthcare
- You will also need a current and valid NSW drivers licence and access to a comprehensively insured vehicle. Relevant experience and/or qualifications in working with people living with mental illness will be highly valued. A Working with Children Check is needed. Competency in the Microsoft Office suite is necessary
About the organisation
One Door Mental Health is committed to improving the circumstances and welfare of people with a serious mental illness, their relatives, carers, and professionals working in the area. Our main aim is to provide a safe, supportive and respectful community in which people living with mental illness canrealise their individual goals, maximise their community integration and enhance their quality of life.
In the NDIS stream, One Door operates locally as self-organised teams, where team members are collectively responsible and accountable for most aspects of delivering services.
How to apply for this role
Don't miss this opportunity to join a recognised and respected organisation and feel great about what you do! If you have any questions, please call Rorelyn Marshall at 0481 904 349.
Applications close soon, please apply as soon as possible. Click Apply Now to view the detailed position description on our website.
Applications close 31 August 2019
One Door Mental Health an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to engaging a diverse workforce. We strongly encourages applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and mature aged applicants.
Please quote in application: Transition Worker – Immediate Start via Pro Bono Australia.