About the role
- Values-based organisation. Make a real difference to community life
- Varied and challenging role
- Enjoy our genuine work-life balance culture
We have an exciting opening for a skilled web designer. In this interesting role, you will have the opportunity to plan, build and develop websites for the Uniting Church in Australia. You will deliver web and digital advice and services for the Synod’s business units and the wider Church.
To be successful in this role you will need to be an approachable professional with the ability to build relationships and ensure that web services and content enacts the mission and ministry of the Church.
Working within the Content and Communications team, you will support the ongoing operation of all digital communications platforms including online Synod wide publications and Pilgrim Theological College.
To secure this role you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications related to Web Design.
- Advanced skills in WordPress. Ability to build and manage WordPress websites; webserver management; experience with HTML & CSS essential, PHP & Java script experience desirable
- 5 + years of proven experience in a related role.
- Ability to work within the Ethos and Values of the Uniting Church.
If you like variety, challenge and autonomy in your role, please apply now!
For a position description andto apply visit https://ucavictas.mercury.com.au
Please submit your resume and a document with a list of 5 to 10 URLs to websites that you have designed/developed and provide a brief description in which you answer the following questions:
1. What part of the project were you solely responsible for?
2. What notable contributions did you make to the project?
Applications close: Sunday, 1 September 2019
We reserve the right to interview before the closing date.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.
About the organisation
The Uniting Church in Australia is the third largest Christian denomination in Australia. The Synod of Victoria and Tasmania supports over 600 congregations and presbyteries in the region, providing a diverse range of services and functions, including mission services as well as financial, property and business services.
As an employer, UCA values justice, inclusion, compassion, shared leadership, respect, integrity, wise stewardship and innovation. A willingness to work within the ethos of the Uniting Church is essential
- Professional and friendly work environment
- Genuine work-life balance culture
- 37.5 hour work week
- Holiday loading or 3 days off p.a.
- Purchased annual leave
UCA is an inclusive workplace that embraces diversity and equal opportunity in employment. We welcome applications from all candidates from culturally diverse backgrounds, First peoples and all others regardless of age, ethnicity, religion, disability and sexual orientation.
UCA is committed to providing a safe environment for all including children. Successful candidates are required to undergo a National Criminal History Check and sign a Keeping Children Safe Code of Conduct. Successful candidates may also require a Working with Children Check
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Web Designer / Digital Technical Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.