About the role
Join the Team!
Anglicare’s Children & Families have a long history of providing family and children support services, including family intervention, foster and kinship care, counselling, relationship support and much more. Our Foster & Kinship Care Programs provide children and young people, who are not able to live with their own family, the opportunity to live in a safe nurturing family environment.
Our team of 10, based out of the Gympie office, are looking for an experienced and capable Coordinator to join us – overseeing our diverse group of professionals and providing guidance and supervision to Practitioners. The role will be responsible for the recruitment, training and ongoing support of your team – ensuring the program meets all legislative requirements and standards of the Department of Communities. Full time hours.
Culture and Benefits
Our recently refurbished offices in Gympie offer free parking nearby and a pleasant working environment. Other benefits of joining our team include:
- Working alongside an open and collaborative manager who trusts in her staff and their abilities, but is always around for a chat, guidance or support as required
- Significant opportunities for personal and professional development and training – upskilling and taking on new responsibilities are encouraged
- Use of company fleet vehicles for any visits – we also offer generous reimbursement of cost when you use your own vehicle
- Working from a base of care and support in an environment that offers strong systems and promotes change
We also offer full PBI Salary Packaging to increase your take home pay, along with professional development and training and an Employee Benefits Program.
Skills and Experience
A motivated and dedicated professional within the Foster Care sector, your knowledge and background will include:
- A demonstrated knowledge and understanding of case work with in Foster and Kinship Care programs
- Management experience with the ability to mentor adults to achieve their personal best and facilitate groups for success
- Guidance, direction and supervision to a team of Practitioners and a commitment to empower staff to be self-directed in their learning and development
- Ability to remain calm in responding to emergent situations – this includes problem solving and making fast, effective and professional decisions in an inclusive and evidence-based manner
- Applied knowledge and understanding of the Child Protection System with the ability to work and communicate decisions within a statutory framework for practice
- Problem solving skills, an innovative approach and ability to think outside the box
- Exceptional capacity to communicate with a range of people including children, parents and other service providers
- Negotiation and influencing skills, with the confidence to present information in a manner well suited to your audience
- A focus on engaging in positive, future focused, and evidence based discussions to empower and build teams
Along with a great attitude and significant experience your qualifications will include:
- Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Social or Behavioural Sciences or similar field
- A valid Blue Card (Working with Children)
- Current Licenced Care Service (LCS)
- A current Queensland Driver Licence
- Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment (desired)
What happens now?
Send us your current resume and a Cover Letter explaining your interest in being a Coordinator – Foster & Kinship Care with Anglicare SQ. Shortlisting will take place soon after the closing date.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Please quote in application: Coordinator - Foster & Kinship Care via Pro Bono Australia.