About the role
– Melbourne City based
– Work with a friendly team
– Established Digital publishing business.
This is an important role that will be involved in managing, designing, creating and deploying all systems to support our website.
Key responsibilities include:
- Researching, identifying, analysing and documenting business processes, procedures, production environments and architecture
- Developing and supporting the tools and processes to gather detailed user requirements
- Working with team members and customers to gather, understand and formulate the business and technical requirements and documenting scope that is within project constraints (time, budget, quality)
- Engaging in strategic planning discussions with technical, business and client stakeholders to identify inefficiencies and to recommend best business practices, and system functionality
- Translating business requirements into user stories, functional scope and process maps for digital projects
- Create project plans, technology documents for medium to complex architecture solutions for web and mobile
- Determine potential solutions, prepare system models showing structural, behavioural and implementation characteristics
- Prepare deployment plan, system integration test plan and UAT test plan, to ensure the systems integrity
- Develop and deliver progress reports, requirements documentation and presentations
- Estimate change requests for software applications and prepare project cost estimates to customer for approval
- Manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises and devise contingency plans
- Monitoring and updating the functional requirement documentation throughout the project lifecycle
- Partnering with business stakeholders and programmers to develop the software specifications using the process modelling techniques
- Maintain source code using configuration management tool
- Supervise developers to build enterprise web application as per system requirements
- Conduct peer reviews to maintain the code quality
- Administration, daily operations, support documentation, SQL database maintenance
- Project management including developing project plans, costing and resourcing, and managing related projects tasks
- Providing front line support to identify, analyse, interpret and resolve issues relating to the website management system infrastructure systems, services and peripherals
- Providing on-call support for the website and infrastructure systems after hours, when required
- Creating user and training documentation and formal instructions for staff training
- Participation in meetings and presentations regarding project scope and requirements
- Leading conversations from a technical perspective, asking the right questions and getting answers to keep projects moving
- Seeking opportunities to enhance processes, and proactively work on solutions
- System support and maintenance including programming where required
- Building and strengthening client relationships
To be successful in this role you will possess the following attributes:
- SQL knowledge, report writing and query writing experience
- A strong customer service ethic
- Effective stakeholder management skills, to build and develop key relationships
- Proven ability to deliver results within expected time-frames
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- A hands-on approach to your work with a genuine desire to support others
- Ability to simultaneously work across multiple projects concurrently.
- Build test cases, define test scenarios, design reports.
- Develop and continually improve functional test automation frameworks.
- Define business requirements and compilation of User Stories
- Resolution and escalation of project issues, risks and decisions
- Gather requirements, work on multiple projects at a time, manage and delegate work to the team of designers and developers.
- 3-5 years prior experience as a technically-minded Systems Analyst or similar role
- University Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent
- Be familiar with different web platforms/languages, specially all well-known CMS’s including but not limited to WordPress, Opencart, Magento, Drupal.
- Working understanding of technical concepts like DNS, Hosting, AWS, CDN etc
- An understanding of application layer and application integration including SaaS, e-commerce, CMS based applications
- Hands-on experience leading, managing and participating in software testing, including creation and implementation of Test Strategies, Test Plans, Test Scripts and Test Cases.
- Solid experience in establishing business requirements and user stories
- Demonstrated experience in process mapping and business and functional requirements documentation
- Knowledge of Agile, Scrum and Waterfall Project Management and Software Development Methodologies.
- Scrum Master certification will be appreciated
- The ability to translate abstract information into high quality business requirements
- Prior experience in a digital agency will be highly regarded
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to listen, analyse & problem-solve
- Experience with Windows Operating System and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to calmly work under tight deadlines with multiple projects
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Meticulous attention to detail
- An excellent phone manner is desirable, and you should be able to take direction with minimum supervision.
This is a full-time permanent role
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to work in a thriving and growing social enterprise in a great friendly team with a fantastic work culture in a modern office in CBD and feel like your experience is suitable for the role please get in touch with
You will have all the support from our friendly team, and you will also enjoy complete freedom working with your techniques to get the best results.
About the organisation
Pro Bono Australia is a 20 year old social enterprise supporting the work of Australias’ civil society organisations. see: https://www.probonoaustralia.com.au
How to apply for this role
Please quote in application: Developer/Systems Analyst via Pro Bono Australia.