About the role
- Clinical Supervision and Professional Development Opportunities
- Supportive team oriented environment
- Generous Salary Packaging
Banyule Community Health is looking to recruit a highly motivated and experienced Generalist Counsellor to our BCH community. This is a great opportunity to work in a professional and supportive team based environment alongside other experienced and passionate staff in the Wellbeing and Support Program. The position is fulltime, working from our West Heidelberg and Greensborough sites.
Your motivation, interpersonal skills, and counselling expertise will see you excel in this role as you:
- Provide short to medium term counselling and group work to individuals using a variety of evidence based interventions that support people with their unique goals
- Work with your team and other BCH staff to develop and deliver innovative, flexible and responsive services to meet the needs of the community
- Participate in planning, evaluation and project work (at times) to support the work of the team and ensure safety and quality in care
What you will need:
- Prior counselling and group work experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills, communication skills, organisational skills and time management skills, including the ability to be flexible and adaptable
- Tertiary qualifications in Counselling, Social Work or other relevant field with a minimum of 5 years experience working in the Mental Health/AoD sector
About the organisation
We pride ourselves on our supportive attitude and culture, built on our core values of Respect, Excellence, Courage and Dignity. Our Wellbeing and Support team members are passionate about what we do and we make a significant difference to our clients' health and well-being
How to apply for this role
For enquiries, call Lara Jackson on 9450 2014
Banyule Community Health is an equal opportunity employer and are committed to ensuring recruitment processes are fair to all candidates.
Please address the key selection criteria in your cover letter
Please quote in application: Generalist Counsellor - Counselling and Support Services via Pro Bono Australia.