About the role
- Join a newly established team at its foundation
- Based in Coburg
- Full time role
- Fixed term position to September 2020
Your new role
You will advocate for older adults in mental health and wellness and work collaboratively to develop our new stepped care, evidence based approach to improve mental health and wellbeing of older adults experiencing mild to moderate mental health issues.
- Work as a part of a newly established collaborative team establishing a new service model that engages older adults in healthy mind and positive ageing services
- Provide client focused clinical triage and psychosocial assessments and therapies
- Provide care coordination
- Assist in supporting consumers activation of choice and control
- Work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders across the cities of Moreland, Brimbank, Darebin and Melton
What you’ll need to succeed
As an experienced Mental Health Nurse, Psychologist, Social Worker or Occupational Therapist Someone you will thrive working in a fast paced environment, being part of innovative and new models. You will have:
- A proven track record in mental health and wellbeing in older adults
- Credentials as an Allied health professional (Physiotherapist, Exercise Physiologist or Occupational Therapist)
- Demonstrated experience in providing psychosocial mental health and wellness services for older people
- Proven excellent communication and interpersonal skills
About the organisation
Your new organisation
At Merri Health, we strive to enrich diverse communities through the provision of quality health care and support services. A career at Merri will see you contributing to a culture that affects change for our clients and the wider community. We are committed to supporting the talent and skills of our employees because we know their capability is the key to our success.
What we offer
You will have the opportunity to provide high quality and evidence based healthy mind ageing services. It is a unique opportunity to establish an innovative and evidence based service model that will address the psychosocial needs of older people that could be replicated in other community health settings.
We offer a diverse, inclusive and flexible environment which encourages you to bring your whole self to work. As the successful applicant you’ll be joining an organisation where you will be supported to grow, learn and develop your skills to reach your potential.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Mental Health Clinican via Pro Bono Australia.