About the role
- Psychologist Grade 2 and/or Grade 3
- Reference number 12571
- Full time/part time fixed term
- Positions are short term and potentially longer term replacements
Mobile Forensic Mental Health Service (MobileFMHS) Metropolitan Remand Centre and/or satellite services in Lara, Geelong
A little bit about Mobile Forensic Mental Health Service
Forensicare is the statuary agency responsible for the provision of adult forensic mental health services across Victoria. Mobile Forensic Mental Health Service (MobileFMHS) is one of Forensicare’s Prison Mental Health Services. It is a multi-disciplinary specialist mental health service which provides mental health assessment, targeted psychosocial intervention, mental health consultation and transition planning for clients with impaired mental functioning. To prevent mental health deterioration and promote maintenance of treatment gains, when clinically indicated there is a scope to provide limited number of transitional support sessions as clients move to another public prison. The majority of the MobileFMHS staff are based at the Metropolitan Remand Centre (MRC) and we have psychology satellite services at Marngoneet Correctional Centre (MCC), Karreenga and HM Barwon Prison in Lara (Geelong).
As a psychologist within MobileFMHS, your tasks include
- Discipline-specific psychological assessment of a range of mental health issues, such as high-prevalence mental health disorders, personality disorders, psychosis and trauma symptomatology
- Individual intervention and delivery of group-based treatment programs to promote clients’ use of effective coping skills for mental health difficulties
- Consultation and training for other service providers to identify mental health issues in people in custody, and facilitate clients’ coping whilsts in prison
- P3 psychologist who has endorsed supervisor status: Provision of supervision to P2 psychologists and interns
Qualification and Experience Requirements
- Registered as a psychologist with the Australian Health Practitioner Registration Agency (AHPRA)
- Masters or Doctorate degree in Clinical Psychology from an APS accredited course of equivalent, OR Doctorate degree in Forensic Psychology from an APS accredited course or equivalent
- Endorsement or eligibility for endorsement by AHPRA in the area of clinical psychology and/or forensic psychology
- Expressions of Interest from experienced P3 or P2 Psychologists are welcome and will be considered depending on work experience.
- Previous working experience in a mental health setting, correctional service, or forensic mental health service would be an advantage
To apply please visit our careers website at https://www.forensicare.vic.gov.au/careers/current-vacancies.
Please submit a cover letter and resume, outlining your experience and the skills you would bring to Mobile Forensic Mental Health Service.
Please specify your preferred site preference (MRC and/or satellite services in Lara), and if you are interested in a full time or part time role.
Forensicare values a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
This position is subject to a Police Check.
Forensicare promotes the following values: responsiveness, integrity, impartiality, accountability, respect and leadership; and promotes behaviours that are consistent with these values. Forensicare is an equal opportunity employer and offers a smoke free environment.
How to apply:
For more information about the role visit www.forensicare.vic.gov.au/careers/current-vacancies and review the attached position description or contact Ming-Yun Hsieh, Principal Psychologist and Manager on (03) 9217 7692 or Ming-Yun.Hsieh@forensicare.vic.gov.au.
Closing date for applications: 11.45pm 23rd September 2019
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Psychologist Grade 2 and/or Grade 3 via Pro Bono Australia.