About the role
Myhorizon is offering an exciting opportunity for an experienced Support Coordinator to join our passionate team based at Capalaba, QLD. Avoid the city traffic and work in our idyllic location on Brisbane’s Bayside, providing NDIS support coordination to participants with disability. This is a permanent and flexible full-time role with the option of part-time hours if desired.
The Support Coordinator will work with participants to search for, coordinate and implement all supports in their plan, including informal, mainstream, community and funded services and resources. In this role, you will actively support participants to build on their skills and work with them to increase their ability to access their local community and achieve greater independence.
You will be responsible for:
- Connecting and coordinating required supports for participants, with the providers that will best support them.
- Ensuring all participants’ service agreements, service bookings and NDIA reporting requirements are all managed effectively and completed on time.
- Strengthening abilities of participants and building their capacity to achieve greater independence in the community.
- Preparing and monitoring the progress of participants’ goals and evaluating effectiveness of their supports.
To be successful in this role you will be a driven and energetic candidate with strong verbal and written communication skills, and be able to demonstrate your skills and experience as a Support Coordinator. You will be a motivated and passionate and thrive on supporting clients and their families in their local community.
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- Sound knowledge of the NDIS framework.
- Significant demonstrated experience and skills in IT systems support (participant portal), customer service orientated role (or similar), and human services support and assessment.
- Ability to develop knowledge and expertise in working with people with disabilities and their nominees.
- Ability to work independently, demonstrating your ability to plan, prioritise and organise your workload in a way that contributes to successful participant outcomes.
- High level of problem solving and decision making skills.
- High level of accuracy in Computer Skills – Data entry, MS Office (Word, Outlook, Internet etc).
- Commitment to providing quality services and care to children and adults with a disability.
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills.
- Current Australian Driver’s Licence.
- Eligibility for Disability Blue Card / DS Positive Exemption Notice Card.
About the organisation
Myhorizon is a leading disability services provider based in South-East Queensland, and committed to creating an inspirational workplace that attracts and retains highly skilled people. When you are employed by Myhorizon you will become part of an accepting, caring, and trained team of staff who are passionate about fulfilling our organisational mission, uplifting individual lives by creating connected communities.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Support Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.