About the role
Join our Team to make a difference to the lives of Aboriginal Children and Families
The Team Leader Early Years will provide leadership, direction, and support to all staff employed by the programs. This will extend to ensuring all staff are provided with appropriate training opportunities to enhance their capacity to provide a quality service.
It is envisaged that this role will work in close and effective collaboration with the Senior Management Team and be prepared to work in line with an integrated model of service delivery. The role will include providing management to the Koorie Connect and Emergency Relief staff.
To be considered for this role you must demonstrate:
- Commitment to VACCA’s vision and purpose
- Awareness and appreciation of Aboriginal societies and cultures and an understanding of the issues affecting Aboriginal people in contemporary Australia and the diversity of circumstances of Aboriginal people
- An ability to work effectively with Aboriginal organisations, government departments and community service organisations
- Experience in managing teams of Aboriginal staff and building cultural competence of Non-Aboriginal staff
- Experience in program development, delivery and reporting & evaluation
- An ability to facilitate group sessions with families and children
- An ability to work flexible hours when required
- A current Victorian driver’s licence, Working with children’s check
About the organisation
The Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) is the largest organization of its kind in Australia. VACCA is an Aboriginal community-controlled organization that supports and advocates for the Aboriginal community. Our strength lies with our people. Our team is committed to the organisation's vision and values; advocates for our children and other vulnerable community members; and shows respect for, observance and compliance with Aboriginal cultural protocols, practice and ceremony. Our Aboriginality is what distinguishes us from mainstream services and what enables us to deliver the positive outcomes we achieve for our people.
We provide a positive, culturally safe workplace environment supported by family friendly and culturally sensitive workforce policies, including professional development, continuing education and staff wellbeing.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Team Leader Early Years via Pro Bono Australia.