About the role
The Community Fundraising Manager is responsible for managing a large portfolio of community revenue fundraising streams at Beyond Blue (currently 45% of fundraising income). The ideal candidate will have the proven ability to develop and implement engagement strategies and successfully deliver fundraising activities with a national focus that spans identified campaign target demographics. This is an established role and function of Beyond Blue’s fundraising team that has a rejuvenated part to play in the Fundraising and Development Strategy 2019 – 24. The position itself is responsible for operational leadership and management of Community Fundraising income activities at Beyond Blue, including online and offline fundraising across challenge events, national community event marketing campaigns (Be You) and community fundraising.
Accountabilities include but are not limited to:
- Development and implementation of community fundraising engagement plans that are focused on diversifying revenue streams, strengthening relationships with donors and fundraisers, broadening messaging and reach to help every person in Australian to achieve their best possible mental health. Engagement plans (including donor and fundraiser journeys) will be developed in line with the Fundraising and Development Strategy and the Community Engagement Strategy
- Working collaboratively and cross functionally with other organisational teams such as the Marketing team, Strategic Communications team, Community Engagement team, and direct service teams in developing, maintaining and implementing communications and marketing campaigns that support Community Fundraising objectives whilst ensuring organisational interdependencies are well planned for, communicated and managed
- Proven ability to supervise and manage a high performing team, including resource planning, developing staff work plans, professional development and biannual performance reviews. Provide leadership support to the team with problem solving and issues management on a daily basis
- Demonstratable experience in undertaking financial budgeting, monitoring, evaluation, detailed project analysis and reporting for all community fundraising income streams, ensuring the profit and ROI projections are delivered as per annual agreed budgets. Reports including weekly management updates, regular status reports and input to Board reporting
- The necessary skills and experience to enable the identification and engagement of external stakeholders with promotional campaign dissemination and messaging required to grow Community Fundraising income
The successful candidate will have:
- A tertiary qualification in a related discipline (fundraising, communications, marketing, event management or public relations).
- A minimum of five years of relevant work-related experience, on-the-job training, and/or vocational training including:
- Experience managing and developing a large team and resource planning according to workloads – this includes an understanding of people and performance management principles and practice
- Proven experience in fundraising, event management, marketing or public relations roles within the not for profit/marketing/events management sectors, including knowledge of the legal requirements to fundraise in all states and territories
- A solid understanding of CRM, donor management systems (Salesforce an advantage) and third party fundraising platforms (i.e. Everyday Hero, Funraisin and others) combined with proven ability to understand data segmentation and reporting
As the successful applicant you will also have exceptional communication skills, fantastic relationship and stakeholder engagement and a strong business acumen. You will additionally be adept in negotiation and interpersonal skills and be adaptable in a complex professional environment. The preferred candidate would have ideally had experience in the mental health sector and the not-for-profit environment.
Benefits and Perks
Reporting to the Community Fundraising Lead, you will be a part of a friendly and highly skilled team working within the Marketing, Communications and Fundraising Department. The broader Beyond Blue family promotes a culture of collaboration and respect. Working at Beyond Blue offers flexibility, professional development and the opportunity to be a part of one of the leading mental health organisations in Australia. Benefits include Not-For-Profit salary packaging options, an employee assistance program and wellbeing initiatives. Our office is an easy walk from Glenferrie Station, with an office move to Melbourne CBD planned for next year. Our Social Squad will ensure that you get to enjoy some fun events in the workplace. Beyond Blue also marks Aboriginal Dates of Significance, such as NAIDOC Week and National Reconciliation Week, as part of our RAP commitments.
About the organisation
Beyond Blue's vision is that all people in Australia achieve their best possible mental health. Our mission is to promote good mental health. We create change to protect everyone's mental health and improve the lives of individuals, families and communities affected by anxiety, depression and suicide.
All employees are expected to act in accordance with Beyond Blue's values, which are Collaboration, Respect, Enthusiasm, Excellence, Innovation and Integrity.
Additionally, in our commitment to reconciliation and creating a culturally safe organisation, Beyond Blue is proudly implementing our Beyond Blue Innovate Reconciliation Plan 2018-2020.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Community Fundraising Manager via Pro Bono Australia.