About the role
Capricorn Helicopter Rescue Service Ltd. (CHRS) is a Community based non-profit and registered charity. The Service provides aeromedical and search and rescue services in the Capricornia and Central Queensland region.
We are looking for an experienced full time Corporate Partnerships Manager to join our very dedicated team of staff and volunteers.
FUNCTION & PURPOSE
- To develop and manage CHRS’s partners, sponsors, donors and supporters with the aim of encouraging individuals, businesses and communities to support the rescue service.
- To promote CHRS’s messaging and campaign partners and sponsors through the full range of media channels, reporting, personal visits and engagement.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and implement a sponsorship plan in conjunction with the CEO and marketing team.
- Maintain and grow relationships with existing partners and sponsors.
- Research and develop new sponsors with an emphasis on sponsorship diversity.
- Promotion and growth of our Rescue 300 and workplace giving program.
- Build awareness within the business communities of the areas serviced.
- Identify, research and prepare sponsorship applications and proposals for operational support and events.
- Regular written reporting on business development activities.
- Attend service clubs, events, and fundraising opportunities as and when required.
YOU WILL NEED TO POSSESS
- A minimum of two years’ experience in sponsorship management.
- Extensive knowledge of the region that our service operates in. Particularly of key industries and stakeholders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Ability to work well autonomously and self-start.
- Intermediate MS Office skills.
- A solid network of business contacts.
About the organisation
EVERY LIFE. EVERY MOMENT. EVERY DAY.
RACQ Capricorn Rescue is a vital, life-saving service, providing the fastest and most efficient means of rapid deployment of medical and rescue teams to major accidents, workplace incidents, inter-hospital transfers, counter disaster and search and rescue missions to the communities of Central Queensland.
The Service was incorporated in December 1995 and commenced operations on 26 January 1996.
A community based, not-for-profit, registered charity, our Service provides a world class, dedicated aerial search and rescue with full aeromedical and counter disaster capabilities to service the Central Queensland region, encompassing an area of over 350,000km2 and keeping a community of more than 300,000 people safe. Due to its vertical rescue capabilities, our aircraft are able to rescue
individuals in the most hostile and dangerous environs that conventional methods cannot achieve.
All rescue services are provided free of charge and this vital Service operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
On average, the helicopter completes more than one tasks per day, with tasks encompassing retrievals from outlying hospitals, primary attendance at accident scenes, and search and rescue activities. We are on call 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year.
We work closely with other medical and aeromedical services to provide a turn-key solution to emergency medical challenges faced when working in remote areas. In addition to emergency transportation of patients we can provide on-ground medical support for various periods of time.
From our state-of-the-art facility in Rockhampton, we have a flight time of 19 minutes to Great Keppel Island and coupled with direct access to the Rockhampton Base Hospital helipad, we provide timely response to critical care needs.
Since 1996 our dedicated team has provided this service to the CQ region for free. On average, our helicopter is tasked once a day, with our annual operating costs projected in the vicinity of $8.2 million. Although we receive significant funding from the Queensland Government, we are still required to raise almost 50% via valuable partnerships, funding, events and donations from within the communities we service. In 2018 approximately $1.1 million came from Donations and $1.4 million from Sponsorship. The generosity and continued growth of these valuable partnerships are as vital to RACQ Capricorn Rescue as our Service is to our community.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Corporate Partnerships Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.