About the role
Teach For Australia’s mission is to recruit Australia’s future leaders into the classroom and inspire, connect and empower them to a lifetime of action towards educational equity. They are dedicated to ensuring that all children can achieve their potential.
Studies show a three-year achievement gap between Australia’s best and worst performing school students, predominantly driven by socioeconomic, geographic and ethnic factors. Teach For Australia’s vision and programs work towards an Australia where all children can access to an excellent education, regardless of their background.
The Australian Government Department of Education is a major supporter of Teach For Australia.
Benefits & Culture
- Located in the midst of the action on Flinders Lane in Melbourne’s CBD
- Increased super at 10.5%
- Passionate, professional and ambitious team, working together to close the education gap
- Flexible and inclusive workplace culture with a focus on work/life balance
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer this executive leadership position is responsible for delivering and strengthening existing programs and making a significant contribution to the strategic direction of Teach For Australia. You will manage a large, geographically dispersed programmatic team that spans both program design and operations.
Key responsibilities include:
- Continuously improving the quality of the two-year Leadership Development Program
- Effective and efficient execution of program operations, aligned to strategic direction
- Mobilising program Alumni to impact the mission to maximum effect
- Ensuring diversity, equity and inclusion is supported in both program and team operations
- Leveraging synergies and efficiencies to maximise impact and financial sustainability
You are currently in a comparable senior role with oversight of management practices and responsibility for a range of operational functions.
You have held leadership roles in complex delivery environments, education institutions, leading charities or like-minded corporates and you understand the importance of delivering quality program outcomes that drive success.
Importantly, you have:
- A passion for addressing education inequity and social justice
- Led a diverse team providing direction and monitoring performance
- Identified and implemented new services aligning with organisational goals
- High levels of relationship building skills and can communicate comfortably with a diverse demographic
- A genuine interest in developing people, employee wellbeing and promoting a positive and ethical working environment
If you want to use your program management experience to help children reach their full potential through quality education, please apply now by submitting your resume and cover letter addressing the skills required. Alternatively, please call Anna Skeels on 03 8080 8976.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: General Manager Programs via Pro Bono Australia.