About the role
We are seeking to recruit a highly motivated person to deliver on our strategic objectives.
You will be a proven leader, change manager and strategic thinker. Leading a team of dedicated staff and volunteers, you will develop an accountable, co-operative and resilient culture that puts our customers first.
You will have:
- excellent communication skills, problem solving, priority setting and strategic thinking capabilities and the ability to impart vision and implement strategic goals
- Significant senior management experience, preferably within the not-for-profit sector
- Demonstrated experience in people leadership and in successfully implementing organisational change.
- An ability to create and build staff teams to collaboratively achieve results
- Demonstrated experience and capacity in financial, budget and service planning and project management.
- Demonstrated ability to source and diverse income/funding streams and support from a wide range of stakeholders
- Relevant tertiary qualification in business, HR, commerce or management (or the equivalent work experience).
- A current Victorian Driver’s License is essential (for manual vehicles) and a Police Check and Working with Children Check or ability to obtain one on engagement
- Knowledge of food systems and policy, both locally and nationally, as they relate to the areas of program activity is desirable
This role is:
- Richmond based
- Part Time (min 0.8)
About the organisation
Our purpose is to inspire a healthy and just world. Our Vision is for joyful, connected communities who care for each other and our earth. We create nourishing and educational food and gardening experiences. We nurture wellbeing and a sense of belonging. We embrace people, place and culture through food and gardening.
We work with diverse and low-income communities to create fair, secure and resilient food systems. Our services include:
- Delivering school food garden programs in a number of schools across Melbourne as well as professional development opportunities for educators
- Supporting over 700 tenants in 20 Public Housing Community Gardens
- Establishing the Fitzroy Food Centre and supporting other food systems projects
- Workshops for Local Government and the wider community on environmentally sound food waste reduction, composting and food growing
- Consultancy on communal garden design, construction and governance.
How to apply for this role
For further information contact: Dr Karen White on 0414 709 306 or visit our website: www.cultivatingcommunity.org.au
Applications including a cover letter, resume and addressing the selection criteria must be submitted by 9th December 2019 via email to email@example.com
Please quote in application: Chief Executive Officer via Pro Bono Australia.