About the role
- Carlton location
- Immediate start
- Disability Services
Momentum for improving the quality of life for autistic people has never been higher: 85% of Australians have personal contact with an autistic person, autism is the highest diagnostic group within the NDIS plus a Victorian Parliamentary Inquiry sparking a commitment to a Victorian autism plan.
Amaze has been highly influential in shaping government policy at state and federal levels including being appointed to the NDIS Autism Advisory Group.
Amaze is seeking an experienced Financial Accountant to join their team immediately, working 3 days per week with the possible view to increase to 4 days. You will be responsible for preparing the financial and management reporting, managing tax payments and the month end closing activities and conducting cost and revenue analysis.
Your previous experience in a similar role along with your CPA/CA qualification will hold you in good stead to hit the ground running in this busy role.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Manage end-to-end process for all month end accounting functions for the business
- Produce financial reports for monthly committee meetings
- Monitor the financial forecasts with analysis and commentary each month to monitor achievement of the annual budget
- Assist in developing the organisational annual budget
- Oversee payroll, AP, AR functions within the finance team
- Ensure compliance with ATO and other legislation
Skills and experience required:
- Previous experience in a similar role with CPA/CA qualifications
- Sound technical accounting knowledge
- Demonstrated experience in developing reporting and financial forecasts
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, MYOB, Xero
- Experience in the not-for-profit sector ideal but not essential
- Available to commence immediately
Amaze is committed to improving employment opportunities for autistic people. We do this through advocating to the broader community and employing autistic people at Amaze. We endeavour to provide support and adjustments through the recruitment process and throughout employment to the specific needs of autistic candidates and employees. Autistic people with the skills and experience outlined in the position description are encouraged to apply.
This opportunity requires an immediate start. Apply Now!
For more information, please visit the Amaze website at https://www.amaze.org.au/
About the organisation
Amaze is the peak body for autistic people and their families and carers in Victoria, with a simple but bold 25-year social impact aspiration: a society that respects the dignity of every autistic person and offers them real opportunities to participate and contribute.
How to apply for this role
For further information contact HR@amaze.org.au or call 9657 1601.
Applications close on Monday 9 December, 2019 and must address all Key Selection Criteria to be considered.
To apply please address the Key Selection Criteria in the attached Position Description and send with your resume to HR@amaze.org.au
Please quote in application: Financial Accountant via Pro Bono Australia.