About the role
Your exceptional organisational and people management skills and solid experience in the management of service agreements and contracts, risk and compliance, finance and IT in the not for profit sector have prepared you for this exciting role working with the CEO to guide Tandem through a very exciting period of growth.
A key element of this role, reporting to the CEO, will be to ensure funded projects are operating according to budget and that Service Agreement deliverables are met and reflect organisational policy and strategic directions. The role will also be responsible for the review, development and implementation of operational policies and procedures to support an organisational culture that reflects the mission and values of Tandem and supports collaboration, positive wellbeing and performance.
Successful candidates will have a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and have significant prior experience in a management or leadership position in the not for profit sector.
About the organisation
Tandem is proud to be the trusted voice of family and friends in mental health in Victoria. As the Victorian peak body with a sole focus on the needs and interests of mental health carers, Tandem’s role is to provide leadership, coordination and knowledge for the organisations and individuals who are working to improve outcomes for Victorian people living with mental health issues. Tandem is committed to ensuring that the importance of the contribution, expertise, experiences and needs of family, friends and other carers is recognised and addressed and that they will be essential partners in treatment, service delivery, planning, research and evaluation.
What we do
- We advocate for carer involvement in planning and care, participation in system change, and support for families and friends.
- We promote and support the development of the mental health carer workforce and leadership.
- We inform and empower mental health carers to access the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
- We promote and collaborate on the delivery of training on family inclusive practices for mental health professionals.
- We provide support and referrals services to mental health families and friends,
- We support and advocate for the diverse needs of families, friends and supporters of people living with mental health issues.
- We collaborate on research and policy development on matters relating to mental health carers.
- We raise community awareness about the important role of families, friends and supporters in mental health recovery.
- We provide Carer Support including the operation of a 1800 Support and Referral Service
- We administer the Carer Support Fund which provides financial assistance to families, friends and supporters of people registered with Area Mental Health Services in Victoria.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Operations Manager via Pro Bono Australia.