About the role
- Leading community services organisation
- Salary packaging and competitive sector remuneration
- Full time, maximum term position to June 2020, based at Narre Warren
- Work directly with children and families presenting with complex needs
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced social worker to join the Stronger Families program. The position is full time, initially maximum term until June 2020.
The Stronger Families Program provides a therapeutic model of assessment and intervention for families. The program aims to prevent first-time placement of children and young people aged 0-17 years in out-of-home care due to significant child abuse and neglect. Family reunification support is also provided to families where an out of home care placement has occurred for the first time. The team delivers a coordinated and enhanced service response through dedicated case work and support to children and families.
In this role, your busy day will include:
- Case work, with regular home visits and transport of clients
- Undertaking therapeutic assessments of children and families
- Planning, analysis and review of Family Action Plans
- Participation in Family Group Conferences
- Working with families from an Aboriginal, Torres Strait Island or CALD background
- Comprehensive case noting, report writing and case file management
To be successful in your application you will meet the person specification in the position description, including having a relevant tertiary qualification in a field related to Social Work or Psychology.
Please address the following questions related to the person specification in your covering letter:
- Summarise your knowledge and applied use of theoretical approaches relevant to working with children and families
- Describe examples of how you have planned and implemented appropriate interventions in relation to the development of parenting capacity and family functioning
- Describe a time you have needed to be particularly innovative to encourage engagement with a reluctant family. What specific strategies were implemented? What was the outcome?
About the organisation
At uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Visit us: www.vt.uniting.org
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and well being of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and Working With Children Check (in Victoria) and/or Working With Vulnerable People Check (in Tasmania) prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking.
Uniting is also committed to equal opportunity and ensuring the workplace is reflective of the community. We encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Case Worker - Stronger Families via Pro Bono Australia.