About the role
The community have personal experiences and insights that can inform how Beyond Blue can create positive change through our work. We know that unless the needs, expectations and requirements of the community are reflected in what we do, it is unlikely to be effective.
We also recognise the community has the right to actively contribute to, and influence, the discovery, design, development, delivery and evaluation of our content, products, services and policy positions.
To enable this, we work closely with our Blue Voices community. Blue Voices members are people with direct and indirect experiences of mental health issues, including anxiety, depression and suicide, who have put up their hand to guide and influence us.
The Community Liaison Officer – Blue Voices will be a skilled administrator supporting our engagement with the Blue Voices community and its involvement in community participation activities.
The role also requires a maturity and ability to handle sensitive content and online communications.
Accountabilities include but are not limited to:
- Be responsible for engaging directly with Blue Voices members, including responding to enquiries from Blue Voices members. This requires sensitivity and empathy and from time to time, the escalation of emails with content that poses a risk to members or Beyond Blue.
- Contribute to the Blue Voices team planning activities and identifying and developing initiatives relating to Blue Voices engagement and community participation activities.
- Liaise with Beyond Blue staff to facilitate engagement with members of Blue Voices; this includes proactively engaging staff to enable community participation activities.
- Support the development and distribution of communications and other information relevant for members of Blue Voices.
The successful candidate will have:
- At least four years Administration and/or Coordinator experience, ideally within the not-for-profit, government or health sector
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to adjust content to engage a variety of audiences, with an awareness of and capacity to anticipate the sensitive impact of messages on our membership and the public. Ability to write communications across various mediums including website, email marketing and business reporting.
- Experience working in a community engagement role.
The desirable skills the successful candidate will have:
- Experience with designing community participation/consultation activities.
- Capacity to relate to people as someone with a personal experience of mental health issues
- Experience engaging with people with a personal experience of mental health issues.
- Qualification in a relevant field such as Business Administration or Community Engagement is desirable
Benefits and Perks
Reporting to the Community Participation Lead, you will be a part of a friendly and highly skilled team working within the Blue Voices, Diversity and Inclusion team. The broader Beyond Blue family promotes a culture of collaboration and respect. Working at Beyond Blue offers flexibility, professional development and the opportunity to be a part of one of the leading mental health organisations in Australia. Benefits include Not-For-Profit salary packaging options, an employee assistance program and wellbeing initiatives. Our office is an easy walk from Glenferrie Station and our Social Squad will ensure that you get to enjoy some fun events in the workplace. Beyond Blue also marks Aboriginal Dates of Significance, such as NAIDOC Week and National Reconciliation Week, as part of our RAP commitments.
About the organisation
Beyond Blue's vision is that all people in Australia achieve their best possible mental health. Our mission is to promote good mental health. We create change to protect everyone's mental health and improve the lives of individuals, families and communities affected by anxiety, depression and suicide.
All employees are expected to act in accordance with Beyond Blue's values, which are Collaboration, Respect, Enthusiasm, Excellence, Innovation and Integrity.
Additionally, in our commitment to reconciliation and creating a culturally safe organisation, Beyond Blue is proudly implementing our Beyond Blue Innovate Reconciliation Plan 2018-2020.
Please note our offices will be relocating to Melbourne CBD mid-2020.
How to apply for this role
The Community Liaison Officer – Blue Voices role is offered on a full-time, fixed term two-year contract.
All applications should include a current CV with a cover letter that addresses how your skills, knowledge and experience meet the key selection criteria found in the position description.
PLEASE NOTE THAT APPLICATIONS WITHOUT A COVER LETTER ADDRESSING THE KEY SELECTION CRITERIA WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
A current position description can be found on our careers page.
All applications should be submitted to: email@example.com
With the subject line: Community Liaison Officer – Blue Voices
We thank all applicants for their interest, however due to the high volume of applications only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please quote in application: Community Liaison Officer via Pro Bono Australia.