About the role
A full or part time position. The Deputy Director (Communications and Fundraising) will:
- Develop and drive TEC’s Communication and Fundraising Strategy, with the aim to:
- Produce engaging content for social and mainstream media showcasing TEC’s campaigns and trending topics; devise compelling calls to action and urge support for TEC.
- Design a program of activities including donor engagement, appeals, fundraising drives linked to campaigns, promotional events and programs to increase major and regular donors and bequests.
- Set fundraising targets and monitor the success of all activities.
- Develop strategies to expand and nurture TEC’s supporter base, including converting supporters into donors. Set targets for attracting followers, likes and shares.
- Establish and manage an in-house “newsroom” to produce timely content for social media and other outlets.
- Ensure optimal use of Nation Builder, TEC’s website and social media platforms, and engage campaigners in the process.
- Manage the donor experience and develop a communications strategy to keep high value donors engaged.
- Report regularly to the Director on progress against all targets and KPIs in the plan.
- Develop a strategic understanding of TEC’s income streams and financial position, with a focus on fundraising.
- Work closely with the Director to develop a strategic understanding of TEC’s campaigns and its operating environment; participate in policy and campaign planning with communications and fundraising aspects in mind.
- Deputise for the Director as and when required.
- In close collaboration with the Director, foster a healthy workplace environment based on cooperation, respect and information-sharing.
- Ensure open communication by convening regular staff meetings with the Director, and by following up on issues raised.
About the organisation
Established in 1972 TEC has led over 100 successful campaigns.
TEC is an independent, non-profit organisation committed to the protection of nature. Our aim is to bring about policy change through advocacy, education, and constructive engagement with decision-makers and other stakeholders. TEC has a proud record of success spanning almost 50 years, with campaigns that are evidence-based, collaborative and effective.
We form partnerships with business, educational organisations, environment groups and communities to raise awareness of environmental issues, influence government and build support for action. TEC is widely recognised for our campaign expertise and policy leadership in the fight to stop pollution, preserve the natural environment and create healthy cities.
Our focus in coming years includes combatting plastic pollution; saving local green spaces and urban trees; ensuring our energy system goes renewable; the circular economy; and protecting Sydney’s koalas and bushland. We also advise and assist local groups to advocate effectively.
TEC’s funding model is based on a mixed donor base with young, middle aged and older supporters, philanthropic groups, bequests and government program grants. Fundraising consequently requires a range of approaches including direct mail, digital, special projects, grant applications and personal approaches.
How to apply for this role
Please quote in application: Deputy Director via Pro Bono Australia.